in-bound flight delayed from #2 Airport, then delayed again on the tarmac, all
while losing time between connections. No problem I said, depending on
what gate we arrive at it shouldn't be that big of deal. We came to the
"B" concourse (on the end) with the connecting flight on the "D"
concourse (on the end). All that could be done was to be in a hurry and
try to make the flight. Well, I made it, just in time and was greeted by
Xxxxx. Since I was one of the last to board, I asked Xxxxx if I could
sit in seat 1A or 1B (since my seat was 2D. He quickly stated that since
"I was as late as I was" that I needed to sit in the back of the plane.
I told him I was late because of XYZ Airline and no other reason and where my
original seat was. I need to balance the weight he said. I then asked
him where he wanted me to sit. He said row 12, so off I went. I haven't
had too many bad experiences with XYZ Airline in the 10 years that I have been
flying with you. But this one took the cake. How can some one that deals
with the public be so narrow minded? He did not know of my experience up
to the point of contact, nor did he seem to care. He assumed that I was
at a bar, restaurant, or decided to push the envelope and arrive at the
airport with just enough time to make the flight. Or maybe it was
because I was in jeans and a flannel shirt, not a coat and tie. Then it
dawned on me, XYZ Airline trains their employees for emergencies, dealing with
rude customers (something I admire them for), but don't train them in
what to say to customers that have been put in a situation that is out
of their (customer) control. Had he said something like, "Glad you made
it. For some reason more people have seats booked towards the front of
the plane and I need to balance out the load. Can I ask you to sit in
the back". Had something like this occurred, I would not be writing this
email. I hate to complain about things like delayed flights or lost
luggage, things just happen sometimes. But when I am treated like this,
I DO COMPLAIN. XYZ Airline should look into training the Staff in "What you
say, says more than you realize".

Thanks, Bob Harrison

The Corporate Rep has since tried to smooth things over with a travel voucher and the assurance that they would pursue employee training to avoid future occurrences like this.

This we shall see. Fsck, I love flying. (Names left out on purpose)

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to remove my name. DAMN......

kc7jty
12-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Did you get groped or irradiated?

KG4CGC
12-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Smug little employee with little else to bring him joy in life.

NA4BH
12-23-2010, 12:56 AM

Yep, they got a picture of the "Bobsled". :lol:

KG4CGC
12-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Yep, they got a picture of the "Bobsled". :lol:
True Story.

VE7DCW
12-23-2010, 01:40 AM
We should be back to the days depicted on an old poster I had on my wall when I was a kid..... you know,the one with two ducks together and the slogan "Fly United"

.....was simpler in the old days :yes:

suddenseer
12-23-2010, 08:57 AM
There was a day that I would fly fro Day to Atl cause it was fast & cheap. My last 3 trips I did the 8 hour drive.

KA5PIU
12-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello.

At this point the airlines have worked the employees to death for little pay.
Customer service is a priority however they do want to do their job as instructed.
Sitting in the back of the plane should not be that big a deal.
Me? I was finally on another domestic flight after a long time on non public flights, personal.
My flight on Southwest was insane!
When I got done I had just about everyone singing!
We landed at the airport happy after taking off in the average mood.
And on the return flight, later that day, I started in again and the same thing happened.
One male flight attendant was a bit confused and concerned so I told him to think about the history of Southwest and to think about the start of the airline.
I then pointed out that the airline put all of its flight attendants in miniskirts back then and I did not think he would look good in one!
He turned red and went off someplace. ;)

WØTKX
12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Was it a song in German? :roll:

W3WN
12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Was it a song in German? :roll:
Arabic with a Tex-Mex accent.

NQ6U
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
About helicopters.

KA5PIU
12-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Hello.

Actually, 99 bottles of beer (on the wall) ;)
The 3 ladies were real cool about everything.
Mr. uptight was having a bad hair day and really on the rag, so I decided to have a little fun.
Since he was so much of an AH it was very easy indeed to get all of the passengers to team up against him.
I was told that he was "Going to sic the TSA on me" and that "You will never fly again f***head!"
That is OK, I enjoyed it so much that I was thinking of flying to Mexico!
There is a special procedure to transport firearms into Mexico that I might not be able to complete in time for a flight but is already complete for ground transport.
But, I agree, this TSA security bit has stressed everyone.

KE7DKN
12-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Once I was on a Southwest flight and an old guy started flipping out - and by "flipping out", I mean that he was hallucinating and getting nuttier than a bag of almonds.

Granted, this was after he tried to impress the flight attendant with the snack cart by saying that he was a "secret g-man spy pilot man" or whatever and other outrageous claims that a 7-year-old wouldn't believe. After the snack cart had passed, he told her that he wanted to show her a "hot Arabian night." The flight attendant didn't catch what he had said, but a woman a couple of seats away immediately puked her in-flight peanuts and soda.

Shortly thereafter, it looked like he was hallucinating because he began talking to empty space as if it was talking back. "Those miniskirts wouldn't look so good on you, grizzly man... not as good as they'd look on your bedroom floor." I didn't know where his hands were, but he started breathing heavy and making a faint squealing noise that must've been hell on his vocal cords.

Later on, he looked like he was trying to sing. Unfortunately for him, his voice was so hoarse and faint that nobody could hear or understand him at all. He seemed to think everyone was singing along with him, but he was just being told to sit and STFU. You could tell he was getting excited with his hands flailing about, but his voice just wasn't in it. We all just looked at each other in bewilderment. This was something to be expected from a child, but an old man? Crazy.

Eventually, he passed out. He was helped off the plane by airport staff and everyone felt sorry for him after hearing that he was a "special needs" passenger. Still, he seemed to enjoy the flight and wanted to "ride the plane" to other places like "Mexico", "Sesame Street", and "the Moon".

NQ6U
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Once I was on a Southwest flight and an old guy started flipping out - and by "flipping out", I mean that he was hallucinating and getting nuttier than a bag of almonds.

That was no old man—that was Rudy!

KA5PIU
12-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello.

Fine, except I have no criminal history.

N7RJD
12-23-2010, 09:06 PM

Wouldn't that question be better left until Bob gets put on the couchie?

N7RJD
12-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello.

That can be changed. It may have to be falsified but try getting it cleaned up within your lifetime.

KA5PIU
12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
That can be changed. It may have to be falsified but try getting it cleaned up within your lifetime.

Hello.

I have already had someone call the schools I have attended and tell them I was dead.
Identity theft is what it amounts to, and it is now a federal felony.
Someone also misreported some accident information but a visit to the jurisdiction quickly corrected that.
Fact of the matter, it was a ham who get me terminated from a place of employment and turned down from several others.
This is the primary reason my employer has told me "No ham crap".

NA4BH
12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Hello.

I have already had someone call the schools I have attended and tell them I was dead.
Identity theft is what it amounts to, and it is now a federal felony.
Someone also misreported some accident information but a visit to the jurisdiction quickly corrected that.
Fact of the matter, it was a ham who get me terminated from a place of employment and turned down from several others.
This is the primary reason my employer has told me "No ham crap".

If you place two diodes in series, it will correct that.

KE7DKN
12-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Hello.

Nobody said you did.

W3WN
12-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Hello.

Sure Cowthief. Sure.
Big Jule (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0700425/): Well, I used to be bad when I was a kid, but ever since then I've gone straight, as has been proved by my record: Thirty-three arrests and no convictions!

VE7DCW
12-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Hello.

Rudy ....what about that incident were you went after those guys with the heavy machinery??? I can't believe the law let you off scott free!!! :scared:

NQ6U
12-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Rudy ....what about that incident were you went after those guys with the heavy machinery??? I can't believe the law let you off scott free!!! :scared:

You can't catch Rudy that easily! He just flew off in his (APU-equipped) Bell 47 and made good his es-cape.

W4RLR
12-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Smug little employee with little else to bring him joy in life.Reminds me of a certain forum general manager on another amateur radio forum.

W7XF
12-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello.

At this point the airlines have worked the employees to death for little pay.
Customer service is a priority however they do want to do their job as instructed.
Sitting in the back of the plane should not be that big a deal.
Me? I was finally on another domestic flight after a long time on non public flights, personal.
My flight on Southwest was insane!
When I got done I had just about everyone singing!
We landed at the airport happy after taking off in the average mood.
And on the return flight, later that day, I started in again and the same thing happened.
One male flight attendant was a bit confused and concerned so I told him to think about the history of Southwest and to think about the start of the airline.
I then pointed out that the airline put all of its flight attendants in miniskirts back then and I did not think he would look good in one!
He turned red and went off someplace. ;)

Cowthief:
Southwest AirSardineCans...enough said. I don't do cattle call seating. ESPECIALLY when flying with my mother (the FA's KNOW I'm her attendant, but they let me assist in her pre-boarding, then sent me back out to wait for my boarding group). And, after the 5th FA macking on me incident (I was flattered, but hey dude, there is a line between job and personal time), I decided, whenever I fly now, I'll spend the few extra $$ to use an airline with assigned seating. I've never had a problem with United or USAirways with assisting my mother in preboarding, then staying aboard with her. And, with the new TSA shit, my line from driving to flying has extended to 1500 miles. Under 1500, it's BillyGoat Airlines. Over 1500, I'll put up with the TSA bullshit.

KA5PIU
12-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello.

Perhaps that is why I like SW, the cattle call seating? ;)
But, yes, there can be total AHs at SW at times, usually ONE person who feels the need,,,,.
And I will break that person, quick. ;)
I had planned on going to Mexico and hit the Nuevo Laredo border early this morning, presented my paperwork, and was told the I could not go to Sinaloa due to police and military actions in place.
I could go pretty much anyplace else I wanted, just not there.
Had I taken a flight and not ground I would have been well into Mexico when I was informed.
So it worked out for the best.