Thread: UPS Has Done It Again!

UPS Has Done It Again!

My apologies in advance if my anger bleeds through here. I'm just a little aggravated, and tired of being "professional". Definitely ruined my appetite for lunch.

I've been working here as a contractor at Pittsburgh International Airport for over 2 years now, and have been the Site Manager for my firm for over 18 months now. One of the small perks I'm supposed to have are... business cards.

I didn't get any right away. I was supposed to (as were a few other new promotions) but it got overlooked when the Pandemic started. But, the oversight was finally caught, and the half dozen or so of us who got overlooked finally got our cards ordered.

Mine should have been here on Monday. When Corporate asked on Wednesday if I'd gotten them, they started following up... you know how it goes.

Well, I got a call from the manager of the printing company this morning. Seems that they'd shipped all the cards out via UPS.

UPS didn't deliver them because... they claim that they can't find the address or the location.

Of the F[redacted] Pittsburgh International Airport. Where their CARGO PLANES fly in and out of.

UPS is actually claiming that the building doesn't exist or isn't a real address. Now, any packages I get are routed through the Airports Central Stores Warehouse. THE Warehouse for the Airport. The building with the loading docks. The one with the BIG sign on it that says "WAREHOUSE" on it.

The "best" part is, if you put the actual address of the warehouse into any of the 'map' programs on a smartphone... and I've done this with BOTH of my iPhones (personal and work)... the location and directions pop right up.

So are they saying that the phone is smarter than a UPS delivery dispatcher? Or driver?

Unbelievable.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

F-bombs are just fine and dandy here.

FUCKING BUNCH OF FUCKED UP FUCKERS! FUCK THEM AND FUCK EVERYBODY WHO LOOKS LIKE THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    F-bombs are just fine and dandy here.

FUCKING BUNCH OF FUCKED UP FUCKERS! FUCK THEM AND FUCK EVERYBODY WHO LOOKS LIKE THEM!
    Funny. That's about what the two gentlemen working in Central Stores said.

This, they tell me, has been an ongoing issue for years. The delivery people know where they are... they're dropping off stuff usually 2 or 3 times a day. It's the warehouse maternal-anal-fornicating people who load the trucks that are the problem.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

I'll go you one better:

I bought an FL-7000 amp from Dan at the Ham Station a few years ago. This is a big, heavy amp, which was packed in its OEM shipping box...and then that box was put into another larger box. You aren't going to misplace the thing underneath the driver's seat.

UPS somehow managed to lose said amp between the shipping location (Evansville, IN) and my doorstep. It took us MONTHS to get those fuck sticks to acknowledge the claim and refund my money.

I managed to buy two more and had them shipped from much further distances by FedEx. They arrived without incident.

I'll state far and wide that I wouldn't trust UPS to deliver anything more valuable or fragile than a box of wadded-up newsprint. They've earned their dubious reputation as far as I'm concerned.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

maternal-anal-fornicating people
    That was a thing of beauty <3

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    That was a thing of beauty <3
    It’s not copyrighted. Feel free to use where and as appropriate.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

I have had the same issues with Fed Ex and USPS. 2 day from fed ex took a month as brake parts I needed were shipped all over the country before getting to me after I had to buy everything locally to continue to drive to work every day. USPS was a Christmas gift that should have gotten there in 3 days taking a trip to California before getting to Ohio 3 weeks later

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

they all suck.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Yeah, they both suck dork, that for the uneducated is whale penis typically 6ft long and 2 1/2 ft in diameter. You can tell a driver in a bar where beer farts are common and go BBBRRRAAAPP, theirs go ssssss. If UPS and FedEx merge the name will be FedUp. I've had both lose packages, (they're both losers) UPS crushed my boat anchor receiver and hide an antenna in a friend's bushes. HRO shipped another that he received, when he found the first one I got a free antenna. When I worked air cargo at Newark Airport I saw them playing football with boxes kicking them up into the cargo pits, (baggage pits on passenger planes) breaking open boxes and drinking the beer, the list is so long it can be written on a roll of toilet paper. That's why when recently instead of shipping presents to my best friend's wife for her birthday and some computer parts, he came and picked them up. Gasoline isn't as expensive as the stuff he came for had it been lost or damaged by a shipper.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Well, the wait is over.

Got a call from the Warehouse about 10 this morning. Cards arrived. (Yey!)

They never got rerouted. But what i didn't know was that the 'regular' driver on the route was on vacation last week. He saw the address and immediately knew where the package was supposed to go, so he made sure it got here.

Good to know that there are still SOME people out in the mundane world who know how to use their heads! *phew*

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!