Thread: Stuck in the '70's

No RF induced maladies yet? Maybe 11 meters doesn't heat tissue up like higher freqs do. I think these contests are silly to the extreme. Now I've seen similar on You Tube and wondered how they move down the road with all those elements in place, unless they have to set up on site first. Oh boy.
    It must be an Ohio thing? I've never seen anything remotely like that out in these parts. Not yet anyway...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    No RF induced maladies yet? Maybe 11 meters doesn't heat tissue up like higher freqs do.
    Plenty, they are dropping (if High Voltage didn't get them early, Leukemia is catching them now) like flies around me. I bailed on them in '85, 'tho I still go to the summer get-together occasionally. It doesn't pay to be a close (and repeated) spectator. I wish I had pictures of when the bracket broke and launched an alternator into the air.

I think these contests are silly to the extreme. Now I've seen similar on You Tube and wondered how they move down the road with all those elements in place, unless they have to set up on site first. Oh boy.
    In the '80's if you could not drive it (with antenna attached) into the event, you could not be in the event; I guess everything goes now.

It must be an Ohio thing? I've never seen anything remotely like that out in these parts. Not yet anyway...
    It's mostly a 4-5-8 Land thing, there are a few up in Jersey and Up-state New York.

That event that is happening this weekend is in Chicago.

ETA: That's where fellow who is famous for the 50 Kw + mobiles is from.
    Last edited by koØm; 07-14-2018 at 08:22 PM.

No Excuses...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

So is that guy married?

Quote Originally Posted by n0km View Post
    So is that guy married?
    "Bluegill" from Chicago, dunno.