Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Meters, Wooo Hooo

6 Meters, Wooo Hooo

11 Contacts in about an hour. Yay...
    No takers on AM tho. I tried.

Did work QRP SSB to Washington and Oregon.
    Gee Wally, that was Neato!
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I love the magic band. I have about 30 states confirmed on QRP ssb. About 11 years ago I made a confirmed contact to France CW QRP (in the ssb calling channel) The FR op understood that most transmissions are valid. After the op cleared with me, there was a flurry of activity. All one could hear was cw signals trying to match my shear luck of being at the right place at the right time. CW IS permitted on every amateur frequency (it used to be) That was a one time fluke I bet. I have only made a few unconfirmed contacts into Canada (big deal), Summer time is about 75% of the activity in my experience. Look out for tropo anytime. BTW, congrats, the hook has been set deeper. I noticed 6M is always alive on field day, go figure.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I need to get some sort of horizontally polarized antenna up for 6M. AM on the band...can do with a TS-660, FT-90x/FTV-901R or FT-980/FTV-901R. That might be fun.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I need to get some sort of horizontally polarized antenna up for 6M. AM on the band...can do with a TS-660, FT-90x/FTV-901R or FT-980/FTV-901R. That might be fun.
    There is alot of state wide chatter almost every evening, then they all go to bed.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    There is alot of state wide chatter almost every evening, then they all go to bed.
    Mode? Frequency?

FWIW, one of my area cronies has a very wide-coverage machine on 53.17. If you have a CTCSS-capable 6M FM rig and a decent antenna for the band, we might give his system a go some time.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Mode? Frequency?

FWIW, one of my area cronies has a very wide-coverage machine on 53.17. If you have a CTCSS-capable 6M FM rig and a decent antenna for the band, we might give his system a go some time.
    I have no ant here. I might have hit that one during tropo. Up near cleveland, and across the mud puddle at HAMilton! just listen about 50.07 up and down for beacons. Then scan 50.100-50.200. The calling channel is 50.125. Don't be afraid of a long CQ, that is how you meet your neighbors. 52.525 the other calling freq usually does not reach muf when I am on patrol.

cul de n8tb

50.400 has traditionally been the AM calling frequency, while .410 is one of the working frequencies which seems popular in this area. How about Springfield/Dayton, Tim - anyone in the vicinity use either of those?

Had a blast listening to the 10 meter repeater outputs from New York...
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

50.400 has traditionally been the AM calling frequency, while .410 is one of the working frequencies which seems popular in this area. How about Springfield/Dayton, Tim - anyone in the vicinity use either of those?
    I am guessing they are SK by now.

cul de n8tb

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Had a blast listening to the 10 meter repeater outputs from New York...
    There is a cool one in San Juan, PR.

cul de n8tb