Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Eve

Oh, sorry to hear the news about your covidity. It can be a real suckfest or a mild annoyance. Either way, the latter doesn't make it any less serious.
    Speedy recovery. Get well soon. May the Great White Lord delivery you from Nancy Pelosi's fake virus.

Thanks. My boss keeps telling me it's just a bad cold. He doesn't say that to my co-worker who just returned from planting his two brothers. Or my other co-worker who's been out for two months now, still unable to catch his breath. So far it's just annoying and hopefully stays that way. My bride has noticed mild symptoms for he first time this morning when she woke up. We are all vaxed and boosted with the DNA modifying Nancybots though so we should be good commie slaves by the end of the week.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    [...] My boss keeps telling me it's just a bad cold. He doesn't say that to my co-worker who just returned from planting his two brothers. Or my other co-worker who's been out for two months now, still unable to catch his breath. [...]
    Or the GF’s sister and brother who both have been dealing with long haul COVID symptoms since early on in the pandemic.

Downplaying the potential seriousness the SARS-CoV-2 virus is unwise.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Agreed. I'm wondering if this shit is ever going to go away...
    I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Agreed. I'm wondering if this shit is ever going to go away...
    I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    It's not going away soon. I will keep wearing my mask and getting my shots not just for this but for the seasonal flu as well.
    Here in America, we've been trained to believe that collateral damage ie; flu deaths are acceptable. They're not.
    Masks, hand washing etc, lowers transmission of the flu as well as everything else we deal with.
    But I'm preaching to the choir here.

Long ago Sun Tzu said never underestimate the enemy, and now we have an enemy of the world that's not going to be defeated in the foreseeable future. How well I know it's NOT a bad cold after having been knocked down by the first wave, and now puzzled by the asymptomatic second wave I'm going through now. This one is a nasty annoyance in the food department, our garbage I wouldn't feed to a dog is made worse served cold on disposable plastic dishes, utensils and fiber trays. How about cold egg and "hot" cereal served cold... YUCK! Oh, none of the traditional bacon or ham, not even the scrapple I love, the Rappin' Rabbis say "Can't touch this.".
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Had to venture out today to get heating pellets for my fireplace. Called ahead for them to leave what I needed where I could get at it without contacting anyone else. I was easily fatigued but otherwise OK. No sense of taste or smell to speak of but I can sense the alcohol in whiskey but couldn't tell any difference between vodka or scotch.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    […] I can sense the alcohol in whiskey but couldn't tell any difference between vodka or scotch.
    That‘s not an entirely bad thing. Switching to Great Value brand scotch will save you a lot on your bar bill.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Lone Star, the beer to drink first if you're gonna drink more beer. Get buzzed on the cheap stuff first then switch.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Taste has returned to an extent, but smell is still pretty muted. Still feeling run down and there's a constant but mild headache in the background.