Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matcha Green Tea Powder

Matcha Green Tea Powder

I recently started using this in my homemade ice cream and protein drink smoothies and ice lattes. I did a lot of reading online in different websites on the health benefits and though it's too soon to tell if it will work to make me feel better with my chronic pain, I do notice a big difference in my moods and feel much calmer most of the time in stressful situations, mainly my workplace with the toxic subhumans I must be around and others I work directly with 40 hours a week. And I'm really digging the taste of it.
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

I drink green tea to excess every day too. I can't say if I notice any effect other than less acid, and caffeine than coffee.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I also noticed that it does help curb my epic sweet tooth, I forgot to mention it before. I'm just sticking with the 1-2 teaspoon daily intake in my protein/smoothie drinks but most likely keeping it to 1 teaspoon daily during week as this stuff isn't cheap on my budget and I don't want to go through it too fast and especially since these bags and tins they come in are so tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I drink green tea to excess every day too. I can't say if I notice any effect other than less acid, and caffeine than coffee.

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH

A few years ago I had a slight cold and someone suggested I have Teavana mix up some matcha, sage and dried orange tea.

So, I'm not suggesting you do it though. I drank about half of it, heart started racing and I threw up.

Forgot all about my slight cold.

yuck. One of those 3 ingredients didn't agree with you i guess. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    A few years ago I had a slight cold and someone suggested I have Teavana mix up some matcha, sage and dried orange tea.

So, I'm not suggesting you do it though. I drank about half of it, heart started racing and I threw up.

Forgot all about my slight cold.

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH

Maybe the orange was too acidic to mix in with the matcha. Maybe the caffeine was high AND it was too acidic.
    Maybe maybe maybe. I don't know. I'm scared of matcha these days ever since that experience.

If you can bring yourself to do it, take a small amount of matcha mixed well into milk or a protein shake drink and see if that bothers you and work your way up to a teaspoon of matcha which is the suggested amount per 8 oz serving.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Maybe the orange was too acidic to mix in with the matcha. Maybe the caffeine was high AND it was too acidic.
    Maybe maybe maybe. I don't know. I'm scared of matcha these days ever since that experience.

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH

If you are drinking it in excess then you are defeating the purpose. You may want to scale it back to 2-3 servings a day

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH

Quote Originally Posted by KB2SFH View Post
    If you are drinking it in excess then you are defeating the purpose. You may want to scale it back to 2-3 servings a day
    Excess is my motto. Excess of depravity lol. I drink about 6 cups of green tea stretched out over the day. I'd love to take part in a real Japanese Tea Ceremony, they use the powdered high value tea, like yours, but each house varies a bit, I read. Green tea is my favorite. I add ghee and a pinch of salt. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

My limit is 1-2 servings a day so as not to go through the powder so fast for what it costs. However, I am still waiting for the antioxidants to kick in

Excess is my motto. Excess of depravity lol. I drink about 6 cups of green tea stretched out over the day. I'd love to take part in a real Japanese Tea Ceremony, they use the powdered high value tea, like yours, but each house varies a bit, I read. Green tea is my favorite. I add ghee and a pinch of salt. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH