Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCC Dimissess Petitions For Rulemaking

FCC Dimissess Petitions For Rulemaking

In today's FCC digest, the FCC dismisses (by letter) petitions for rulemaking from a James Whedbee KKØB of Gladstone MO and Jeffrey Siegell WB2YRL of Burke VA.

Whedbee wanted the number of license classes reduced. Filed in March 2016.
    Siegell wanted Advanced Class licenses to have the same CW privileges as Amateur Extra Class. Filed in July 2016

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...DA-17-11A1.pdf
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Given the fact that the current tests are almost a "gimme" to begin with, what did these gentlemen hope to achieve with their respective filings?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

There is a certain yahoo over on a certain other board advocating for the same sort of nonsense. I noticed 'that' thread seems to have disappeared without an f bomb from my arsenal; hmmm.

I think the little snowflakes just don't want to have to work for anything anymore when it comes to amateur radio and I bet they couldn't solder a pl-259 to save their lives either.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Given the fact that the current tests are almost a "gimme" to begin with, what did these gentlemen hope to achieve with their respective filings?
    Their ultimate goal? Eliminate all but one license class, and eliminate all testing. Oh, and eliminate the rules, too. So that anyone can get on Amateur Radio frequencies and do whatever they want to their hearts content!

This is not a knock: They want Amateur Radio to become CB. They don't appreciate why there is a difference between the two services. They place no value in their licenses. All they know is that their buddies can't (or won't) do it, so that means the big bad guv'mint is picking on them.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    There is a certain yahoo over on a certain other board advocating for the same sort of nonsense. I noticed 'that' thread seems to have disappeared without an f bomb from my arsenal; hmmm.

I think the little snowflakes just don't want to have to work for anything anymore when it comes to amateur radio and I bet they couldn't solder a pl-259 to save their lives either.
    Well, use your arsenal wisely and sparingly. They ain't worth it, not even if it's a short tripi to the corn field.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

True that. I already went down that rabbit hole once with that clown, that was enough.

Besides, King TUT showed grasshopper the error of my ways with that clown and I have to respect that.

Although I did slip a little today...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    In today's FCC digest, the FCC dismisses (by letter) petitions for rulemaking from a James Whedbee KKØB of Gladstone MO and Jeffrey Siegell WB2YRL of Burke VA.

Whedbee wanted the number of license classes reduced. Filed in March 2016.
    Siegell wanted Advanced Class licenses to have the same CW privileges as Amateur Extra Class. Filed in July 2016

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...DA-17-11A1.pdf
    It's a simple answer for both of these morons: Upgrade or STFU.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Forum Addict
    I understand why they did it, but I almost think 3 license divisions is too few.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Personally, I'd bring back the Novice license (with the idea that it is marketed towards youth, not that the FCC cares about that), adding a limited access to 2 meters (repeater & FM simplex sub bands, FM only, 5 W max -- in other words, HT's and low power mobiles). Most areas of the country these days have seen a real drop-off in 2 meter activity, this would encourage it.

It won't happen, of course.

No, 3 is what we have left for new licensees. So I'd instead, today, look into ways of making Tech a touch more attractive. With 10 meters on life support until the sun acne or pox starts up again, I'd suggest giving Tech's limited access to, say, 3900 to 4000 kHz, where most of the late afternoon/early evening traffic and public service nets hang out. 100 W max, SSB only. There are a lot of good reasons for this, but let's be real... it ain't gonna happen either.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    ... Most areas of the country these days have seen a real drop-off in 2 meter activity...
    Ask yourself why.

Around these parts, a large percentage of the VHF Gang became fed up with the closed/private/club/good-ol'-boys repeater network (along with the antics of their owners) and either left for FM simplex or left for HF. A few of us stood up our own systems, or got into weak-signal (SSB/CW) modes.

If you don't want me or my group of compadres using your system, fine. Just don't come begging for donations, parts, materials, what have you when your existing userbase can't or won't contribute any longer.

And that's what will keep the youth off of VHF. Most don't have the scratch for anything past an HT, and those who do certainly aren't going to be propping up (to use a Kelli term) the local silverbacks.

Either open it up for everyone - with no imposed conditions except for adherence to Part 97 - or shut the thing off and turn your pair back into the Coordination Committee for reassignment.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."