Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS Mail Innovations sucks!

UPS Mail Innovations sucks!

I've been struggling with a cursor that sticks and buttons I have to mash, so last Manic Monday decided not to get caught out again and ordered two mice, not rodents. 20 years ago I decided to ship Fed Ex when Untidy Particle Smasher crushed my NC-303 receiver leaving me to refund the buyer's money leaving a very unhappy man with a useless fully stocked converter cabinet and matching speaker. Unfortunately I cannot influence a vendor's choice of shippers, and now another kaiju (Japanese for strange beast) has been created, UPS Mail Innovations. On Tuesday my mice were sitting in their facility 20 miles north of me and could have been sent to the facility a mile away and delivered that day, but NO, today they're sitting 70 miles south of here, Untidy Particle Smasher Most Incompetently having wasted a day and several gallons of Diesel fuel. Estimated delivery is Saturday, so now the question arises; where will they ship them next or will they sit on them until or if they get their act together?

The now grumpier old bastid has spoken!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

"UPS Sucks"

Nothing more need be said.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Ordered my new watch yesterday at 21.00 hours, received it this morning 10.30 sharp in good order.
    As it should be...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Why is DeJoy still in charge of the USPS? He should be in prison.

I know you said UPS but merging UPS with USPS is a move in the wrong direction.

All the shipping companies are complaining about a lack of employees.

Time to change some of the old guard standards and maybe stop drug testing people for cannabis.

Test them for alcohol!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Why is DeJoy still in charge of the USPS? He should be in prison.
    < snip >
    I don’t think Biden can fire him... or “strongly request” his resignation... without cause.

Being appointed by Orange Turds is not, apparently, sufficient cause.

Unfortunately.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

You misunderstand the problem, UPS is the carrier with USPS at both ends for parcels under 40lbs, the USPS Parcel Post limit for many, many years. As far as ping pong shipping is concerned, the merger only made it worse. UPS has had a bad reputation for losing and destroying parcels going WAY back, note my crushed receiver, the NC-303 has a reinforced steel cabinet. I got a free tri-band collinear thanks to UPS "losing" a shipment. A friend ordered it from HRO, a very reputable vendor, after 3 weeks it hadn't arrived so they were notified and shipped out a replacement. A few days later it arrived and we put it up. Then he finds the first antenna hidden in the bushes alongside the house so not needing 2 he gave it to me. I don't even TRY to figure out why the driver stashed it there.

UPS sucks, UPS Mail Innovations sucks harder! What I don't understand is when Rad Shack where you had questions, they had blank stares went under due to mismanagement, what's keeping UPS afloat??? Here are the NC-303, fully stocked converter cabinet, and matching speaker before packing. Note the sturdy steel cabinets, it would take more than a 200lb man standing on the receiver to even dent it.

National NC-303 converters speaker package.jpg
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    You misunderstand the problem, UPS is the carrier with USPS at both ends for parcels under 40lbs, the USPS Parcel Post limit for many, many years. As far as ping pong shipping is concerned, the merger only made it worse. UPS has had a bad reputation for losing and destroying parcels going WAY back, note my crushed receiver, the NC-303 has a reinforced steel cabinet. I got a free tri-band collinear thanks to UPS "losing" a shipment. A friend ordered it from HRO, a very reputable vendor, after 3 weeks it hadn't arrived so they were notified and shipped out a replacement. A few days later it arrived and we put it up. Then he finds the first antenna hidden in the bushes alongside the house so not needing 2 he gave it to me. I don't even TRY to figure out why the driver stashed it there.

UPS sucks, UPS Mail Innovations sucks harder! What I don't understand is when Rad Shack where you had questions, they had blank stares went under due to mismanagement, what's keeping UPS afloat??? Here are the NC-303, fully stocked converter cabinet, and matching speaker before packing. Note the sturdy steel cabinets, it would take more than a 200lb man standing on the receiver to even dent it.

National NC-303 converters speaker package.jpg
    That is a device of absolute beauty!!!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

That's why it was the favorite of my boat anchors. Being a smart shopper I never paid "my shit is made of gold" prices and always sold the way I bought, fair trade. That receiver was bought from the Bell Laboratories/Verizon ARC in Bedminster, NJ for $50 when they upgraded equipment. Being engineers of the highest caliber they modified the AGC and made SSB and CW reception perfect sounding. The speaker came with it, and the stocked (6m, 2m, 1.25M) converter cabinet I bought for $100 at a hamfester in Pennsylvania, a lucky find because the 1.25M converter is rare as hen's teeth and is priced accordingly.

Here's a funny story about another hamfester buy, a National Radio NC-173 for its historic significance, the receiver Tor Heyerdahl took on his Con Tiki expedition along with a home brew 7W CW transmitter, and loads of batteries. You guys might want to check it out, it's a very interesting adventure story chock a block with trials and tribulation. I was leaving a fester with my last $60 and a growling stomach I was hoping to satisfy. There it sat on a table being cleared, the seller leaving, with a $120 price tag. I offered the $60 and he kept complaining it was worth what he asked for it... then he made a fatal mistake. "I can't take it home, my wife will KILL me." My horns sprouted, and with my best Cheshire Cat smile I literally brushed his nose with the $60 for the scent of money saying "It's my last $60 or the rolling pin, your choice.". He took the 60, I took the RX, another deal cemented. Speaking of cement (overshoes) there is one very important thing to remember when at a fester or talking with a cop, the tongue makes a good tool for digging your own grave.

National NC-173.jpg
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

That's why it's recommended that you keep quiet when they tell you "anything you say can and will be used against you".

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

UPS Mail Innovations is great when your packages are upgraded to full UPS service end to end. Also, having people who sit at the front desk to (among other things) receive my packages makes me feel plenty spoiled. When I need to move from here I'm going to be spoiled for anywhere else.