Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Argonaut 505

Any time a rig gets a blood sacrifice it'll end up working peachy. Or so I suspect.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Well, there is a strong reason to finally get cracking on that FT-902DM I have. I did cut myself a little inside the case a couple of years ago.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I have a bunch of spare pieces for the 90x series too. Let me know what you need.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I have a bunch of spare pieces for the 90x series too. Let me know what you need.
    Sounds like he needs a bandaid.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Word tonight is that the audio board is functioning again. The 505 is somewhat deaf at the moment, but at least once it gets a signal, it's processing it.

I'm concerned about the rig being deaf, but not for the reason you might think. Ten Tec made an external audio CW filter for the 509, and there was a mod to the 505 so that the filter would work on it as well. Well, this 505 has (had) the mod... and I forgot to send the filter along with the radio (it got buried under some other stuff). Well, if Wade needs it, off it goes.

But I'm feeling hopeful.

On Edit: The rig's not deaf. After I mentioned to him that I'd neglected to send the filter, he checked, found where the jumper should have gone, and voila! it hears just fine.

Schmuck. (That's me) I should know better... fortunately, no harm done.
    Last edited by W3WN; 08-15-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I think I'll let Wade speak for himself:
    Transmit problem was a combination of, a loose connection on 80 Meters and a Dirty Band Switch.
    It's working! Just needs some DeOxit on the band switch, and it's ready to come home!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Received an email from Wade a short time ago.

The 505 has passed all tests with flying colors, and he even made a few QSOs with it this afternoon.

It's being sent home first thing in the morning.

After it arrives, we're just going to have to set up a few skeds...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

So I walk in the house after work, and the boss gives me a cross-eyed look... uh oh... and asks me...

"What's in the box?"

As soon as I see KJ4WS on the return address label, I relaxed.

Yes, the 505 is home.

No, I haven't fired it up yet. I spent the rest of evening daylight working on the front deck, and I have a few other things to take care of. BUT, I took Friday off. Officially to work on the deck...

Anyone going to be around on Friday? Remember, this rig doesn't have WARC bands...
    Last edited by W3WN; 08-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Ron, looks like KJ4WS did a good job on that Argonaut 505. I just used it for the first time and worked JA1QS SSB phone—on 10m.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.