Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: So, how (well) do you like your coffee?

Orca Whisperer
    I know I'm a snob and all... those Bunn machines burn the shit out of you coffee...

Bring to boil in a kettle, then let it sit a minute. Then, pour into a french press/drip over. Perfect temp :)
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

we just spent *a month* agonizing over a replacement coffee machine. thankfully, no keurig. more grind-on-demand espresso.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    I know I'm a snob and all... those Bunn machines burn the shit out of you coffee...

Bring to boil in a kettle, then let it sit a minute. Then, pour into a french press/drip over. Perfect temp :)
    They only burn it if you leave it on the warmer too long..... Definitely not a problem here......

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Trying some new coffee

Dunkin' is usually my daily at home, but I'm a former Masshole that longs for a DD at every corner.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Worked great today as I brewed 2 pots before replacing the kitchen sink. Plenty of coffee while I did the work.......

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Worked great today as I brewed 2 pots before replacing the kitchen sink. Plenty of coffee while I did the work.......

Two pots? TWO POTS? Are you serious? I drink two pots while I'm waiting for the water to boil to make coffee in the French press. Two pots. Pffft Pussy. :stickpoke:
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Two pots? TWO POTS? Are you serious? I drink two pots while I'm waiting for the water to boil to make coffee in the French press. Two pots. Pffft Pussy. :stickpoke:
    That was just for the time the sink was out.... Two more pots though since then......LOL

That was just for the time the sink was out.... Two more pots though since then......LOL
    Oooooops. My bad, I stand erected.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I get the cheaper house brand of Colombian coffee grounds from Walmart or from Safeway, and brew about three tablespoons of coffee to 12 cups of water. Its mainly the sweetener that I am interested in.

I know that my Mom asked me if I was going to upgrade from the current Keurig I have to the 2.0 version. I told her no, it was fine for our purposes. She won't be getting one either-the carafe only makes 4 cups.

My Dad's idea of a cup of coffee starts around the insulated mug that is 40 ounces and goes up from there. She'd have to make a new carafe every time he got "another cup."
    73 to all!
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    22 year NCT (Licenced 08 Sept 1992)
    Less than a year NCG (Upgraded July, 2014)
    22+ years licensed.

Insert witty and creative sigfile stuff here.