Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Everybody has a cool avatar....

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Yes. Smoking a joint comes before really vigorous sex, a joint smoking comes afterwards.
    I've never had sex that was vigorous enough to cause my joint to smoke, but I can see if it's really fast, really snug, and really poorly lubricated, it could happen. Really...
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    His name is Evariste Galois Pronounced "Gal-Wah"). He was a sort of non conformist student with some brilliant ideas who has earned a place in Mathematical History namely for his ideas of the solution of polynomial equations vis radicals.. Today a branch of Mathematics exists called "Galois Theory". And ironically He was also deeply involved in radical French Politics of the time. You can read more about him here. I always fellt that he deserves recognition for his works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89variste_Galois

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Those things are nasty.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Those things are nasty.
    I used to love them. Used to get a pack every few months. Like a cigar you could inhale. Nothing available that even compares. No, I don't smoke anymore.

I used to enjoy the heck out of these...

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

Those were also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I used to love them. Used to get a pack every few months. Like a cigar you could inhale. Nothing available that even compares. No, I don't smoke anymore.
    I would like a hat like the one on the package.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

I wanted to try these when I was a kid. Back in those days they sold them at the local drug store. The other interesting thing was that back then, even as a minor, I had no problem buying any kind of cigarettes, cigars, pipe or chewing tobacco. Neither the drug store nor Raymond's Luncheonette next door ever requested ID. In those days if they knew you were a regular in the neighborhood they would just sell them to you, no questions asked. Those days are gone now.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

When you were a kid, smoking and smokers did not have the stigma it has now. The Surgeon General hadn't yet announced the smoking was bad for you. Cigarette and other tobacco ads were prevalent across most or all media... even doctors endorsed cigarette and cigar brands, and many major (and not so major) radio and (later) TV shows were sponsored by tobacco companies in the form of one brand or another. The iconic Marlboro Man was just coming into his own, and we had yet to sing jingles about "a silly little millimeter longer", though there were many other jingles to sing.

Indeed, those days are gone now.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    When you were a kid, smoking and smokers did not have the stigma it has now. The Surgeon General hadn't yet announced the smoking was bad for you. Cigarette and other tobacco ads were prevalent across most or all media... even doctors endorsed cigarette and cigar brands, and many major (and not so major) radio and (later) TV shows were sponsored by tobacco companies in the form of one brand or another. The iconic Marlboro Man was just coming into his own, and we had yet to sing jingles about "a silly little millimeter longer", though there were many other jingles to sing.

Indeed, those days are gone now.
    Tell me about it. :) And those ads and jingles were extremely effective as I can still recite many of them today, from the ones I heard in early childhood on radio to the TV jingles that ran well into the 1970's.. Not to mention the easy access to almost any tobacco product. And think about the movies and TV shows from the 1930's, 40's, 50's and 60's that glamorized smokes. Beautiful dames smoked, war hero's smoked, cowboy stars smoked... smoking ran the gamut from the bottom dregs of society to the highest and most refined element of society. I remember in junior high school a social studies teacher discusses with our class a bill that if put into effect would ban TV cigarette ads. I thought the bill was a good idea even though I enjoyed sneaking a smoke myself.

So, while we reminisce about "101's" (a silly little millimeter longer) and Benson & Hedges (that extra puff got me 5 years) it did indeed have an impact, even for many of us who never became regular habitual smokers.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.