Quote Originally Posted by VK1EA View Post
...I also have two Corsair II radios, I'm installing a panadapter. I'm struggling with the nearby AM broadcast stations as they get into the IF chain and there is no way to make them disappear form the waterfall. No good. They are great radios to play with, quiet receivers and plenty of space inside. Easy to fix.
I have 2x of those, plus 2x external VFOs. Around here some place is a thread I started which gets into some modifications. I have DDS PTO replacements to evaluate and was looking at fitting Omni V/VI/Paragon IF Units, taking advantage of some additional filtering. May get around to it...may sell them before and tinker with something else.

Hercules II: I just "segregated" the DC cable into three (two high current inputs for each RF pallet plus a low current input for control) so I can use two independent 40A power supplies. I haven't tried that yet, but it should work.
Some time I need to look into plumbing the shack for 220v so I can run my Herc-IIs. I currently have three - two operational; one in need of repair - along with two 9420 supplies. An idea for the future is to run my two Paragon IIs, the Herc-IIs and matching 253 tuners from a solar/wind/battery storage setup. Also have an Omni V, Omni VI and one more 253 (in need of repair) that I could set up as a 3rd station.

One of my "Mods and Repairs" threads showcased the Omni VI with a blue (instead of the stock green) display. I'd love to find 7-segment cyan LEDs to make it match the appearance of the Omni V, but may end up going with white plus some blue filter material instead.