Thread: Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    8kw?!?!?

I don't get it.
    Of course you know Mike....... 8 killer watts of cloud warming special to conduct HAARP-like research by blasting out modulation of "Hello Mello Jello" "Duck Plucker" and "Pill'er up"
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Of course you know Mike....... 8 killer watts of cloud warming special to conduct HAARP-like research by blasting out modulation of "Hello Mello Jello" "Duck Plucker" and "Pill'er up"
    Nope.. don't get that either. When I was on CB I had a license :) KKZ-9634
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Nope.. don't get that either. When I was on CB I had a license :) KKZ-9634
    When I was in CB, I had a license but that didn't stop me although, my neighbors in the Cul-de-sac would stop me cold by screaming out the window, that, "I was coming through the telephone" or, "I'm trying to watch the news!"

One day, my neighbor came across the street and asked me to stop transmitting; I invited him in and pointed out that my station was not powered on. He then replied, "Yeah, and that didn't sound like your voice either". It was another radio operator a block away who had turned his 8 element Yagi on our direction.

"Everybody" who was "somebody" ran power levels like that if you operated on a certain frequency. My radio neighbor a block away received a personal visit from James Bridgewater and, because of the complaints, the phone company disconnected his service and removed the lines from the pole to his house; this was late 1980's

I was "Somebody" then but, while other around me received letters and inspection visits, never happened to me.

Fast forward to today, I have a 11 meter receiver to notify me of propagation on 10 meters, that's all they are good for.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    When I was in CB, I had a license but that didn't stop me although, my neighbors in the Cul-de-sac would stop me cold by screaming out the window, that, "I was coming through the telephone" or, "I'm trying to watch the news!"

One day, my neighbor came across the street and asked me to stop transmitting; I invited him in and pointed out that my station was not powered on. He then replied, "Yeah, and that didn't sound like your voice either". It was another radio operator a block away who had turned his 8 element Yagi on our direction.

"Everybody" who was "somebody" ran power levels like that if you operated on a certain frequency. My radio neighbor a block away received a personal visit from James Bridgewater and, because of the complaints, the phone company disconnected his service and removed the lines from the pole to his house; this was late 1980's

I was "Somebody" then but, while other around me received letters and inspection visits, never happened to me.

Fast forward to today, I have a 11 meter receiver to notify me of propagation on 10 meters, that's all they are good for.

Well back in the day I was nobody just like today :)

So I never ran more than 5 watts or 12 watts pep. I used to hear about enforcement around Chicago and guys losing their entire station. That made me nervous as heck.
    Even as a ham I only run 500w max. My guess was if I did the full kw I would become a pest to my neighbors.

8kw?

That just seems stupid on several levels of stupid.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...