Another project on the burner.
A friend of mine went to a hamfest Sunday and I asked him to look for a few parts for me. Could not make it myself so I trusted him to find me a couple of items.

He called me at 9:30 and said none of the items I need were there. Then told me he picked up something I been looking for quite a while. And would not tell me. Boy that kept my mind wondering.

At 11:30 he rolled in and started to show me all the stuff he found. After that he pulled out two Yaesu Ft-101's. An E and F. He said these are for you. They do not work but maybe you can make a good one. All he said then was Merry Christmas and he had some equipment he wanted me to service. No Problem.

After looking the units over the F was took apart. Some internal boards and all the knobs and VFO. The E had the RF compartment disassembled. Looks like they were going to use the F for parts. I spent the evening putting both back together. The F is missing three knobs. I put it on the bench first and in a matter of a few minutes had it receiving great. Power output is about 1 watt.

The E comes on put no RX or TX. So I will have to go through it completely.
Rigs came with two power cords and a set of spare tubes. Also the user and service manual.

I think it was a great find and worth the effort to restore. Now got to find that paint code.
Already downloaded all the stuff from the Fox Tango site.

Hopefuly I will have two working 101's