Something very odd happened about an hour ago.

Amazon Delivery dropped off a package. What's odd about that? Well...

Last week at work (no, I don't work at the insurance broker anymore), I realized that one of our lab routers was bad. It was a 24 port Netport unit. (Now I know why it only cost me $5 at the last hamfest; here I thought I'd talked the guy down from $15, he was probably happy to take whatever a sucker offered him! But I digress). So over the holiday break, I went online and ordered a replacement. Only an 8 port, as that's all we need for what we're about to do.

The key is that I ordered the router... as well as some extra long CAT-5E cables... on eBay.

So why would Amazon deliver a brand new, still in shrink wrap, router to me? At home? And... marked as a gift, an anonymous gift, for free?

How could someone have known?

Coincidence? Sure would be an odd one.

I checked with my Field Engineer. He didn't order it. No reason for him to, either. I get reimbursed for office expenses, and this counts.

Cookie harvesting? Someone would have to have harvested cookies on my work laptop, and from there jumped to my home address. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

I just don't get it.

Now, I'm not complaining. I can certainly USE this! I'm just trying to figure out what happened.

(And I have to wonder why couldn't my anonymous benefactor shipped he, oh, I don't know, a TS-890S?)