Thread: Just bought a Yaesu FT 991A radio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes there is some import in that, but then you get the problem the USA 70 cm does not follow our 70 cm, ( 430 - 440 MHz)
    You can change that but then the repeater offsets for Europe don't work anymore.
    Some USA troop members might buy one to take home after their service is done and they return home though, prices are quite low here.
    Standard the 60 meter frequencies work here but only the channels we can work on, i didn't do the mod to open up the transceiver, no need to get on 11 meter or so...
    Opening up, the MARS mod only opens up the HF bands, the VHF and UHF are blocked software like, no change in that.

Still dicking around with it, initial results are promising, but i need more time to give a decent judgement.
    As you can see I use the MD-1 microphone from Yaesu which i own for over 40 years, the EQPlus, and feed that with the homebrew call generator into the FT 991A.
    The speaker next to it is the Kenwood SP 820.
    And the trusty Heathkit SB-1000.
    Last edited by PA5COR; 07-09-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution