Thread: Microsoft Hijacked My Computer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    Time to look at Linux again.

For those who might be interested, The seventh generation core (Intel) (sixth generation core for Xeon) and the newer AMD Zen will not be able to run Microsoft OS before Windows 10. This is the Microsoft-Intel-AMD collusion. But you can run any version of Linux, OSX. This should also boost Linux stock even more, as Microsoft once again angers its user base. More Here...
    And now a reading of this topic according to John/IZE-

I adopted Linux early on when I got my first 166mhz Pentium. I didn't latch onto it because of any dislike for Microsoft. I just happened to be browsing around a bookshop and came across a few books on Linux and it immediately reminded me of my days operating on systems in academia. And although disdain for MicroSoft wasn't a motivating factor, over the years since, Microsoft has given me numerous reasons to look upon them with disdain. This recent move is typical of what I have come to expect from Microsoft and is theiorclassic way of manipulating and shoehorning it's user base. In my case going the Linux route is easy as I have been there since the 1980's. However, for many people migration to a new op system is not so easy without some degree of productivity loss (hopefully short lived) as clients adjust to the migration away from Windows to a new system. In some cases the transition may not be feasible. In other cases it may not be feasible in the immediate short term but if they can bear with it may prove quite feasible in the long term. It all depends on the clientele, their business model, and how well they can weather the winds of change.

P.S. As a fedora user it is not the distro I would recommend to the enterprise. Each Fedora distro version is very short lived as new version updates come up fast and furious, often including the most bleeding edge apps and administrative tools. For example, I just upgraded today and I am still about 2 versions behind. As far as Linux distros go, fedora is the proving ground for new things that will eventually make it into enterprise distros and other distros once they prove themselves usable and stable. For a guy like me fedora is fine but for the enterprise not so fine. They would be better served with something like Red Hat enterprise Linux(or it's present day equivalent) which comes with customer support.
    Last edited by n2ize; 09-15-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.