Got a new machine yesterday, old tech compared to today but i5 3470, 16 gig ram, 120 SSD, 250 HDD, I have a outboard storage drive also.

Setting up my Microsoft account on the new machine. I have and account. It asks for PW. I put in the pw then it asks for confirmation. Says pw's don't match. Try again. Says pw's don't match. Tells me the problem is on their end so now it wants me to use a pin. OK. Make a pin. All logged in.

Using the new machine. Getting important software and bookmarks set up. It does another update. Machine was last updated 11 days ago by builder. OK. New update sets up. Everything is working. One of the things I have done on all my machines is disable One Drive from start up through the task manager. Been doing this for 3 years. No problem. I do it now. Says restart to take effect. I restart.

Log in screen comes up but now it's asking for my password. Didn't we just set up a pin? I use password to MS account. No go. I use pin. No go. Connection to internet has red X on it. Click on connection icon on bottom right and the only thing to come up is airplane mode, nothing else although there is room for the other things that would be in the same small area with airplane mode, they just don't show. Airplane mode is there by itself. Click on it. Nothing happens.

Still can't log into machine. Restart and I get as far as the password screen and that's it.

What the hell just happened? I talked to the builder. This is a new one on him.