Thread: Cold Weather and Smoking Pipes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cold Weather and Smoking Pipes

The combination of this lengthy cold snap and the recent holiday spirit has prompted me (i.e. put me in the mood) to break out my tobacco pipes and enjoy some aromatic tobacco and catch up on the art and science of smoking popes for a while.. I dug out a modestly inexpensive piece of briar to take with me on the road and a somewhat more expensive Savinelli "church warden" pipe for those "relaxing at home in the evening" moments. Having not used them in a few years a little cleaning and they were as good as new. I picked up a pouch of nice aromatic Captain Black regular and enjoyed a light cool and pleasantly aromatic comfortable smoke. There is something very soothing and so incredibly relaxing and thought inspiring about a nice pipe on a cold day winter day or evening. I also joined ""smokingpopes.com" and "pipesandcigars.com". For me it's just one more thing to look forward to during the cold winter and until the warm weather returns. Most likely come the spring and summer I'll put my pipes back into retirement until next year. :)
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.