In 2012 i paid 3000 Euro's for the Hyunddai atos, new price was 12.000 Euro's when it was sols ( high taxes here on cars), with 70.000 KM's on the meter checked the database the government keeps of MOT tests and it was valid.
Got all things done then that needed it to be in perfect condition, for 3 K Euro.
Never let me down, i get in, start and drive as i expect of a car.
Weekly/monthly check the car, tires and condition, oil level and quality, automatic oil level and quality, condition wiring battery, etc.
Once a year MOT new oil and filters whatever miles i have driven, so mostly oil never gets end of life.
Service intervals need to be done at 15.000 KM's but i drive 1/2 of that a year...
Synthetic oil, good quality, since the engine is tuned i need it to be in good shape,
I drive defensive as old articulated truck driver, but i like to drive relative speedy, i have a car, else i would take a bicycle if i don't need speed :)

That doesn't man going around bends with squealing wheels though.
The garage doing the MOT was owned by a ham friend, passed away a few years back and one of the mechanics took over the business, been there customer for the last 30 years or so, i can trust them blindly.
Bought the car from them as well, still i'm there while the MOT is done, they know i know as much of cars as they do.
I can do small jobs when the car is on the bridge, or help out with another car.
Saves money, and they use me with welding jobs i can do for them.