Thread: Beginner questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beginner questions

Hi again everybody. So as I have already explained, I am totally new to the world of Ham radio and as yet don't even have a license. I want to start studying towards my general license but I do not have the spare time to physically attend classes. My life is pretty hectic at the moment. So I have been looking at a few online options. I have come across www. hamclass.net. $59 to enroll in the course. Does that sound fair? Can anybody vouch for the reliability of the training? Or are there better resources out there that you would recommend instead? I was also starting to take a look for suitable beginners equipment on http://www.used.forsale/ with a view to saving some money towards a purchase once I have obtained my license. I think something reasonably affordable and beginner friendly would fit the ticket while I am just starting out. Does anybody have any recommendations for a radio that would be suitable? Is there a particular make or model that best for newbies? Thanks in advance for any pointers folks.

white_question_mark.png
    Last edited by China; 05-16-2017 at 02:07 AM.