I have a radio with a built-in SWR meter and SWR Graph; behind the IC-706MKIIG is a Heathkit SB-200. Connected to the output side of the amplifier is a Yaesu YC-60 wattmeter; connected to the antenna terminal of the meter is a Dentron Super Tuner Plus which feeds my OCF dipole antenna.

Radio ---> Amplifier (in standby) ---> Wattmeter ---> Antenna Tuner ---> Antenna.

On 160 and 80 meters, the SWR readings on the external wattmeter and the meter in the radio are the same with maximum forward power and zero reflected power. On 40 meters, the meters do not correspond, if I tune to satisfy the meter in the radio, the meter "in front" of the antenna tuner is not happy and, shows high SWR and reflected watts. If I tune to make the external meter happy, I receive a high SWR indication from the radio and, it starts to fall back in the power. On the 30 and 20 meter bands, the indications are close and the reflected power is less than 5%.

I cannot tune the 15 or 12 meter band period; 27, 28 and 29 MHz all tune fine with the radio meter and the external meter indicating nearly the same readings.

40 meters was my favorite band to work until the speed bump appeared (after a storm brought down one end). Any and all suggestions on finding and fixing the speed bump would be appreciated.