I work as a Multi-craft Industrial Technician. Part electrician, part mechanic, part millwright, part plumber, part electronics tech, sometimes robot programmer.... There are very few young people looking into the trades thinking that manual labor is below them. Well fine with me. At 53 I am still working and have recruiters chasing me down. The pay has climbed over the past 8 years substantially as the pay listed is 12 bucks an hour higher than it was back then. The health benefits have gotten a little better and stayed the same price wise where everywhere else the price has gone through the roof and coverage dropping. I am currently the only maintenance person in a 640,000 square foot distribution center. I replace 30' tall rack sections by myself as the idiots they send me to try and help would only get themselves hurt. The work is not hard but my supervisors BS has gotten old. My Supervisor has no clue as to what I do as he is the assistant manager for shipping and receiving and spends his days on second shift. I work a modified first shift because I an not to get any overtime for any reason. If I am 5 minutes late out the door in the afternoon I get an email asking why. The whole building is running 15 hours over a week but I get threatened with a write up for 5 minutes. Then I get asked why My projects are taking so long. Well I don't have enough hours in the day to get everything done that gets randomly added. Well I shall see what happens. I go back to the old place on Monday to take the electrical tests. Should be easy.