Well, the slowly-but-surely homebrew transmatch project just took another great step forward...

Found the "RF Tight Case" for what had been once a Drake MN-2000 on eBay. Won the auction, it should be here next week.

[There had been an MN-2000 front panel available as well, but I didn't try to get it until the other auction was over, and it's gone. Oh well... wasn't critical though...]

This case should have plenty of room inside for both of my caps and the roller inductor, plus it already has a lot of "pre-drilled" holes for the SO-239's and such. I'll need to pick up some feet and some (dare I say it?) knobs, but that's no biggie.

Now... the next challenge, what to do with the front panel hole for the meter? Ideally, it would be nice to put another SWR meter there, and I'm considering a few options. But despite the cosmetic issue, that won't be a "show stopper" until I figure it out.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pieces from an MN-2000 sitting around collecting dust and rust... does it take the same outer case as the C Line?... let me know!