Thread: Ubuntu on a netbook

Ubuntu on a netbook

Well, I must admit, that was easy!

Download the netbook "remix" and write to USB stick. Plug stick into netbook and it boots. Click, click, now it dual-boots XP and Ubuntu 9.10. Network and printer both came right up. Even sees the shares on my XP box (but won't play my XVID encoded AVI's).

Coolness.

Re: Ubuntu on a netbook

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt

Download the netbook "remix" and write to USB stick. Plug stick into netbook and it boots. Click, click, now it dual-boots XP and Ubuntu 9.10. Network and printer both came right up. Even sees the shares on my XP box (but won't play my XVID encoded AVI's).

Coolness.
    Get the VLC media player ... it should be in the "add-remove" programs list. VLC will play almost anything!

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=video

XviD is shown as playable on all platforms on that video features page.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Re: Ubuntu on a netbook

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg
    Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt

Coolness.
    Get the VLC media player ... it should be in the "add-remove" programs list. VLC will play almost anything!

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=video

XviD is shown as playable on all platforms on that video features page.
    That works. Thanks! Been using VLC for ages on Windoze -- never thought it might have a Linux version (was probably written originally for Linux).