Thread: Do you think this is a good deal?

Do you think this is a good deal?

Check this out and tell me if you think it's a good deal or not. Scroll down to the part with the three books for $87.81

http://www.amazon.com/ARRL-Handbook-Rad ... 201&sr=8-6

Echolink Node #401099

Re: Do you think this is a good deal?

If you got the jack it never hurts to keep that stuff in your personal library.

This is a good example of something to submit to the Worse Than Failure web site (www.worsethanfailure.com amongst others)

At first sight, this may appear to be a good deal, since the list price on the three books os $44.95, $44.95 & $24.95, for a total of $114.85. So $87.81 may sound like a good deal.

But... if you price the three books separately, with current Amazon discounts, they come to $30.32, $40.37 & $17.12. For a total of $87.69

Looks like Amazon lowered the price on one or more of the books (considering the discount over list, I'd say the Handbook, but that's merely a guess) and forgot to also lower the price on the package.

And that's why, boyz & girlz, it pays to compare prices!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

One thing I noticed is that the Amazon offering doesn't include the CDs I would get if I ordered the handbook and antenna book directly from the ARRL. In my opinion, the CDs are worth having. This is why I hesitated in placing the order.

Echolink Node #401099

Quote Originally Posted by KC9MUK
    One thing I noticed is that the Amazon offering doesn't include the CDs I would get if I ordered the handbook and antenna book directly from the ARRL. In my opinion, the CDs are worth having. This is why I hesitated in placing the order.
    Hmmm. If you scroll down, to the Editorial Review, it does say that both the ARRL Handbook & Antenna Book DO include the CD's.

I'd make printouts of those pages prior to ordering, so that if a question arises later, you have "proof" that they were supposed to be included.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Oh, they are using the Bundling Model of Convenience for Profit. :roll:

Sneaky as Comcast, they Are... Or the candy bars by the checkout register. ;)

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman