Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Much butt-hurt over CQWW!

Much butt-hurt over CQWW!

Being heard and seen elsewhere.

Best argument thus far for keeping the bands contest-free during the weekend?

"I totally agree with (call sign withheld) there are to (sic) many contests. Many of us who work during the week have no time for the radio due to family jobs etc so weekends are the only time to get on and get out.It sems every weekend there is either an Rtty CW or SSB contest."
    Gee...I work a full 40 at the very least, have a family...help out with The Island and at a number of other sites 'round the Intarweb...and still manage the time to radiate a little RF during the weekdays.

Also enjoyed are the comments regarding the WARC bands..."can't use them; no propagation!" and the nets: God/Gawd/Ghod forbid someone should interfere with the daily meeting of the Possum Colon Net! :shock:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned

Re: Much butt-hurt over CQWW!

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX
    Being heard and seen elsewhere.

Best argument thus far for keeping the bands contest-free during the weekend?

"I totally agree with (call sign withheld) there are to (sic) many contests. Many of us who work during the week have no time for the radio due to family jobs etc so weekends are the only time to get on and get out.It sems every weekend there is either an Rtty CW or SSB contest."
    Gee...I work a full 40 at the very least, have a family...help out with The Island and at a number of other sites 'round the Intarweb...and still manage the time to radiate a little RF during the weekdays.

Also enjoyed are the comments regarding the WARC bands..."can't use them; no propagation!" and the nets: God/Gawd/Ghod forbid someone should interfere with the daily meeting of the Possum Colon Net! :shock:
    Seventeen meters has been hoppin lately.

Damn contesters are ruining ham radio, dang nabbit!

Nevermind the fact that 20 meters would have been absolutely empty this weekend if there hadn't been a contest. Put the teeth back in and take the wife out for dinner, ffs.

God/Gawd/Ghod forbid someone should interfere with the daily meeting of the Possum Colon Net! :shock:
    Awwwphooie. Is Mikey mixing too much tequila with the prozac again? Or is it that gent from Michigan still addicted to unending raging rants of mankind's stupidity? Crusty being too Crustacean? :roll:

Silly Snarling Possums, I actually miss them. They do get pretty silly about fighting for their spot on the dial, some of us have the sense to move and or just flip to USB and ride it out. Sometimes CW.

Contesters are just being contesters, why fight about it? Oh, right. It's a Contest!

The mellower nights can be outstandingly good...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Arguments made by the self-absorbed.
    I usually give them a pass. They're usually hot to expound on some colostomy or weather information, of which I have other sources for.
    Live and let live, I say...unless you think you're dying, then there's 75M after dark.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Someone decided to play the ol' "Contesters are jammin' the MMSN!" card.

And N2RJ just pulled and threw down the ol "ace-up-the-sleeve":

"Yeah and yet the same boaters who "depend" on the MMSN don't care when they fire up Pactor and hammer away at PSK31 or CW QSOs.

Talk about a bunch of hypocrites."
    Bravo, sir.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Ryan can swing a hammer on occasion.
    I think he hit the nail this time.

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Am I supposed to give a shit? I simply ask, because I don't. :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N
    Am I supposed to give a shit? I simply ask, because I don't. :roll:
    Gotta do it anyway, might as well give it to somebody.
    Just tell them to consider it a gift. :rofl:

Once in a while an idiot savant of the heart hits a home run.

Miraculous! :shock:
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman