Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital whaqeurism

Digital whaqeurism

"Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Re: Digital whaqeurism

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX
    Is this for real?

I'm looking at the CSS web site, and I just am totally flabbergasted. They have GOT to be kidding.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer

And this is better than DigiPup how?
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Well it is well past time when these programs became Windows compatible. OTOH, is packet still used? Outside of APRS, I don't see it at all.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Oh what the heck. Put a few more features in there, and you won't need the OP anymore.

Just think, no more wackers...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX
    And here I thought it was going to be a thread about D-Star. ;)
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

There's some loose talk among some folks here about putting some old school BBS door games up on packet. With ANSI twirling cursors. Because we can. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

"OTOH, is packet still used?"
    Barely.
    "Outside of APRS, I don't see it at all."
    That's why I've been using a Telnet connection to a BBS in Australia for the last several years. Last week the sysop shut it down leaving the APRS node so I switched to one of the few remaining. The US network collapsed a decade ago followed by the UK and now Australia is going down the tubes, packet is all but dead now.

Here's the kicker:
    "MFJ and Creative Services Software announced today that EmComm Ops™ for MFJ, a packet only, 32-bit host mode program for the MFJ-127x series of TNCs has been released."
    MFJ no longer markets them. :rofl:
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

"True multitasking means that EmComm operators can send and receive packet communications while simultaneously relaying messages to families and rescue personnel in e-mail,” said Rick Ruhl, W4PC, CSS president and chief architect of the company’s software suite. “And in emergency situations where communications infrastructure has been compromised or conditions limit reliable radio operation, messages can be noted in a text or Microsoft Word file, then imported into EmComm Ops to be re-transmitted at a later time when conditions improve. Operators can also export messages to a file to document communications. Of course, simple Windows cut-and-paste is also supported.”

If the communications infrastructure is down, it will save your messages for a later time....when its too late to help anyone. Thats a helpful feature. I have a few questions that werent answered in the story...can this system be operated with big fat ham-hands, holding a coke and a Jack In The Box breakfast burrito? Can it be carted around to make the user look more important while wandering aimlessly around HQ pretending to be a "first responder"? Will it fit in the dash of a mid-80's model K car in such a way as to be obvious to all that he is a really important "Emcomm OP"?

Want good emcomm? A 6v cell, some solar panels, a small rig and some wire...all fits in a backpack. No "communications infrastructure" to fail, just the ionosphere, and if IT goes down, its game over anyway.

I also like how the guys name is very similar to "Rick Roll". ...but i digress, im not here to pick on the mans name. :shhh
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA
    I also like how the guys name is very similar to "Rick Roll".
    Too close to "bankroll" for me ... :shock:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."