Thread: FiOS

FiOS

Anyone have Verizon FiOS service in their area?
    50/20 looks pretty good at $150/mo.

Re: FiOS

i wish. i'd buy it in an instant ... although the 30MB down i get from comcast isn't too shabby.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Do they have anything in their AUP about hanging a server farm off that?

of course. Plus, they will also pull the copper pair that connects your pots and move that service over to fiber (as a voip service).
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I'm trying to think of why anyone would pay that much for residential service.

Orca Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt
    Especially since one can get a dual T1 for that price, with a guarantee of service, and no restrictions on what you can run.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KU0DM
    Yeah I've got it here. But at 20/5 for less than 1/4 of that price. The thing you got to consider is, do you need 50/20 ? I have a network running on 20/5 and I never had a slowdown or problem. Also, does that price include TV service as well ?

All in all the service is quite good. We've had it installed about 4 years ago and have had virtually no problems except for once when a local hub went down for a few hours. Other than that the service has been rock stable and consistent.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV
    Especially since one can get a dual T1 for that price, with a guarantee of service, and no restrictions on what you can run.
    because a dual T1 is nowhere near the same bandwidth (although it is symmetric) and the CPE is much spendier and can't be purchased at bestbuy/walmart/...

Orca Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm
    Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV
    because a dual T1 is nowhere near the same bandwidth (although it is symmetric) and the CPE is much spendier and can't be purchased at bestbuy/walmart/...
    I get that it's much pricier, but with the gobs of bandwidth, you'd figure there were some heavy commercial bandwidth going through it. I'm talking hosting an ISP or something.

My 1.5Mb/sec ADSL line works for now. And for 30 bucks a month, I'm happy. But, no FiOS yet, gotta wait and when it get's here I'll be signing up, just not for the oodles of bandwidth plan
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KU0DM
    Yes.

But I'm paying less than that for the bundle of phone, internet, and TV. With the converter rentals, it's about $120 a month.

Ask if they have a better deal. They usually do, but you have to ask.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati