Thread: OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Beach Bum

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Well I am having a big problem with OUTLOOK EXPRESS and it's the same thing on 2 different puters. When I send a message or even forward a message starts sending then I get a box saying errors have occured and the message is still in the OUTBOX. Now the message is sent but when I go to send another it sends the one still in the outbox along with the other one so now I have 2 messages in the outbox but they both are sent. I have scaned for MALWARE and VIRUS and found nothing.

I tied THUNDERBIRD but I don't care for it and I also tried OUTLOOK and don't care for it either.

I am running Ver 6 with all the updates.

Anybody got any ideas?
    73's

Bill W4BD
    Donalsonville, Ga.

EX W4BPK
    SPAR # 529
    Member ARRL

IF IT'S POLITICALLY CORRECT THEN IT'S A LIE

THE ONLY GOOD GUN CONTROL IS HITTING WHAT YOU ARE AIMING AT

I DO EQSL OR DIRECT OR NO QSL DUE TO THE FACT THAT I CHASE NO AWARDS

Re: OUTLOOK EXPRESS

I thought Outlook Express was rather a large application for domestic emails although it does contain calendars, reminders and so on. We are currently using Foxmail although development stopped at a beta version some while ago. It does work and will hold an address list as well as learning to sort out spam from wanted stuff. I wouldn't describe it as perfect at all.

Banned

Wish I could help but I haven't touched OE in years. I use Evolution in Linux which is very stable and has worked well for me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by K2KLI
    Wish I could help but I haven't touched OE in years. I use Evolution in Linux which is very stable and has worked well for me for years.
    Watch Evolution if you upgrade your OS ... I imported my settings, address book, and messages from an Ubuntu 8.1 box to one running Ubuntu 9.04, and the database was a mess, full of errors. I had to start over on the 9.1 box.

Otherwise, Evolution is an excellent mailer. I love the spamassassin filter add-on!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I use all webmail now. Leave it on the host sever, download only what I want. All suspect stuff is trashed from the host side, never touches the computer here.