Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Fine Junk...

More Fine Junk...

MFJ Purchases Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas Product Line

MFJ Enterprises, Inc., Starkville, Mississippi has purchased Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas Product Line from Laird Technologies, St. Louis, Missouri effective July 31, 2009.

Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antenna products will continue to be manufactured in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"We are excited to have the Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas product line alongside our other five companies," said Martin F. Jue, President and founder of MFJ Enterprises, Inc. "This product line increases our ability to offer our customers a wide range of antenna options at different prices. Customers will be able to choose from Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas, Hy-gain and MFJ antennas through one source." MFJ purchased Hy-gain in 2000.

Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas will bring over fifty new products to MFJ's impressive amateur radio product line. Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antenna products have long been a popular source for a wide range of HF/VHF/UHF vertical, beam and yagi antennas for the amateur radio community. "We will add more new products to this antenna line and will continue the Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas name long into the future. Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antenna product customers will appreciate continued and expected top-quality manufacturing of this product in New Hampshire and the MFJ commitment to superb after-the-sale service and tech support in Mississippi," said Jue.

This announcement comes right during MFJ catalog time. The new MFJ 2010 Catalog will be a whopping 120 pages and will include the entire Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas product line. A special customer support line is set up in Starkville, Mississippi by dialing 662-323-5803. This line will handle any Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antenna product technical support, part requests, and customer services.

MFJ Enterprises, Inc. also owns Ameritron, Hy-gain, Mirage and Vectronics.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/cushcraft/

Re: More Fine Junk...

That would explain why my order for element-to-boom clamps for an A3S haven't come...after 3 weeks...

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Interesting. Thanks for that, Paul.

I've got an A4 with a 40 meter add on kit that is going up at the new qth as soon as I find all the parts. I'm bound to be missing some dodad.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I have the Cushcraft A627013S partially constructed, but not yet put up until I have the tower ready.

It will mount above the Mosley CL-33 tri-bander

Going to be a neat antenna...

Dave, did you check out the solar minimum post?

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF
    Dave, did you check out the solar minimum post?
    Yes, I did.

My wife has been reminding me of our propagation situation for about 2 months now. I think she thinks all of my qsl cards from the late '80's early 90's are all fake... Right. That was the OTHER WX7P( I was the original holder of that callsign).
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Well, one of my goals in life is to get an NX6D QSL card...

Once upon a time Cushcraft was the Amateur division of Cushman, everything from antennas to test gear was top notch. With the notoriously slipshod MFJ quality (out of) control my faith in the name has been shattered.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d
    Interesting. Thanks for that, Paul.

I've got an A4 with a 40 meter add on kit that is going up at the new qth as soon as I find all the parts. I'm bound to be missing some dodad.
    If your luck is anything like mine, that dodad will be the one EVERYTHING else hooks to!!! :think

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa
    Once upon a time Cushcraft was the Amateur division of Cushman, everything from antennas to test gear was top notch. With the notoriously slipshod MFJ quality (out of) control my faith in the name has been shattered.
    Looks like I'll be putting up a TA54-XL6, then...

Was looking at one of Cushcraft's 10-30MHz LPAs but not now.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."