Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire fox dead.

Fire fox dead.

My fire fox died and I could not get it to work. I then installed 3.5 and nothing, it will not even load. So I deleted it and started over, nothing.

I am using Opera, make it go away.

How do I fix it?

THX

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Re: Fire fox dead.

Firefox has a safe mode (under Start, Programs..).. does it work using that?

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ
    My fire fox died and I could not get it to work. I then installed 3.5 and nothing, it will not even load. So I deleted it and started over, nothing.

How do I fix it?

THX
    I might recommend trying to restore to a previous restore point, but I am not sure of all the things you have tried and I would hate to think that you would think that I misquoted you about using Opera now.

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL
    Firefox has a safe mode (under Start, Programs..).. does it work using that?
    No.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by N9XR

How do I fix it?

THX
    I might recommend trying to restore to a previous restore point, but I am not sure of all the things you have tried and I would hate to think that you would think that I misquoted you about using Opera now.
    Did restore point, three actually and still nothing.

You have to dig down into the registry and remove it that way, as if it never existed in the first place. Something is corrupted in the .dll addy. Got Root?
    Not really an easy task unless you're use to that kind of thing.
    For whatever reason, mine tried to repair itself several months back and it will only start up in safe mode which gives you options on how you want to run FF. Even with the updates to 3.5 it still defaults to safe mode to start.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    You have to dig down into the registry and remove it that way, as if it never existed in the first place. Something is corrupted in the .dll addy. Got Root?
    Not really an easy task unless you're use to that kind of thing.
    For whatever reason, mine tried to repair itself several months back and it will only start up in safe mode which gives you options on how you want to run FF. Even with the updates to 3.5 it still defaults to safe mode to start.
    Yea, I'm getting to that. I had to do the same thing with paint shop pro one time. Anyway, thanks guys.

Well, I have had enough. Windows will be no more after today, on my pc that is. Ubuntu is going on my laptop tonight! It is downloading right now and I will install it after it is done. I sure hope it goes well but if it does not then you know why I am MIA.

I wonder if I will have any driver computability issues? :chin: Even if I do I am sure that someone on here can help me out. :D As long as I can get it on the net.

Hum...what kind of paint shop type programs can I get for ubuntu? Free is the key.

Oh boy...I need a Linux tutor.

Hum...what kind of paint shop type programs can I get for ubuntu? Free is the key.
    http://www.gimp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    http://www.gimp.org/

Thanks! :D

Now we will see if I can get ubuntu to work on my pc. :rofl: