Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread: Latest project

Looks good, but...

those clamps at the end of the line need to be rotated 180° so you don't see the saddle of the clamp. Tack welding the tips to the pipe is also an option, but I'm kinda anal because I did custom exhaust work for 8 years...

No stock tips?

;)

I'm glad you didn't lose the low end, the engine must have good compression!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Looks good, but...

those clamps at the end of the line need to be rotated 180° so you don't see the saddle of the clamp. Tack welding the tips to the pipe is also an option, but I'm kinda anal because I did custom exhaust work for 8 years...

No stock tips?

;)

I'm glad you didn't lose the low end, the engine must have good compression!
    Those clamps hold the rear hangers to the pipe. I tried rotating the clamps but the saddle won't grasp the hangers tight enought. Maybe a different set of hangers are in order. The engine has ten and a half to ones, so compression isn't a problem. Hummm, those stock type tips do look good. Now you tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Those clamps hold the rear hangers to the pipe. I tried rotating the clamps but the saddle won't grasp the hangers tight enought. Maybe a different set of hangers are in order. The engine has ten and a half to ones, so compression isn't a problem. Hummm, those stock type tips do look good. Now you tell me.
    Are they OEM hangers? They have a nice hunk of flat metal, 'broke' to the same radius as the pipes so they lay nice and flat on the pipe.

The bottom pieces, of course, are usually rolled down to rest on the top of the TP. There should be tapped holes in the frame on both sides to bolt these to, even if it didn't have duals from the factory.

If they are universal hangers, you can probably roll the clamps 90° and still get a good bite.

Man, I used to love piping up mid-sized GM's with headers. I'd bend the pipes, get everything lined up just right (with new OEM hangers at the rear of mufflers) and weld the entire system. I would put clamps on (saddle on top) and tack weld the saddle to the pipe, then spot-weld the tips. Took about 90 minutes, and in 1984 I was charging $265 for the job, complete.

Universal hangers are for pickup trucks, BTW...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?