Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your desktop

Show us your desktop

I now have Ubuntu running on 5 of the 7 machines on the property, and have introduced several friends to the OS.
    They are as amazed as I am.

With that, I'd get a kick outta seeing some of your desktops (shrunk down to something reasonable, say 800x600).

Here's my uncluttered Ubuntu 9.04 desktop on my main computer ... background is a pic of a sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean
    as viewed from Hatteras Island a couple of years ago. I really like some of the applets that you can run on the taskbars. On
    the top, I am using the hardware sensors applet to monitor my CPU & MB temps, and the processor cooling fan speed:

[attachment=0:1xcc8x76]desktop.jpg[/attachment:1xcc8x76]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Re: Show us your desktop

Mine's a bit more understated, I just use a gradient instead of a background image.

Cool Luke! Way Cool!
    Now pick any one of the space pictures I posted and that is my desktop. Right now it is the two planet halo nebula.

Banned

Ubuntu here too. This is my laptop, a pink Sony Vaio VGN-NR460E:

[attachment=0:lzmdn78v]desktop800.jpg[/attachment:lzmdn78v]

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    Cool Luke! Way Cool!
    Now pick any one of the space pictures I posted and that is my desktop. Right now it is the two planet halo nebula.
    I rotate mine pretty frequently, and often use some of the many Hubble and
    space shuttle pics I have.

Jeff, don't you gimp? I run 1280x960, but I scaled my image down to 800x600.

I like your desktop switcher on the top taskbar ... been kicking that around myself!

Wider is only better on Pontiacs ...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I was also using a nude chick on the beach in sepia tone for the longest time.
    Too risque to post here but if you pm me I'll send it to you as a file in an email.

Quote Originally Posted by K2KLI
    Ubuntu here too. This is my laptop, a pink Sony Vaio VGN-NR460E:

[attachment=0:1oplfsrs]desktop800.jpg[/attachment:1oplfsrs]
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    I was also using a nude chick on the beach in sepia tone for the longest time.
    Too risque to post here but if you pm me I'll send it to you as a file in an email.
    Hell yeah! There are a number Ubuntu backgrounds online with some really hot ladies on them!

I usually only use those in my "man cave" however, out of respect for the little lady, who,
    interestingly enough, isn't put off by that sort of thing at all. I netted a good one ... not a
    jealous bone in her body!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg
    Jeff, don't you gimp? I run 1280x960, but I scaled my image down to 800x600.
    Yes, but.. deal with it. :p

Sunrise in Cancun (dual monitor, cluttered):