Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IS IT HIDDEN or am i a retard

Banned

IS IT HIDDEN or am i a retard

WHERE THE HELL IS THE REASON FOR EDITING SPOT TO TYPE THE REASON WHEN YOU CLICK THE EDIT POST ON YOUR POST....I LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND I CAN NOT FIND IT

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Re: IS IT HIDDEN or am i a retard

Quote Originally Posted by KC2RPP
    WHERE THE HELL IS THE REASON FOR EDITING SPOT TO TYPE THE REASON WHEN YOU CLICK THE EDIT POST ON YOUR POST....I LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND I CAN NOT FIND IT
    That's because there isn't one.

You don't need to yell...
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d

Look at this post

The first one, see how he has the edit thing at the bottom.....how did he do that that is what i am talking about

http://www.hamisland.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=870

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Look at this post

The first one, see how he has the edit thing at the bottom.....how did he do that that is what i am talking about

He's an admin, that's why.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Look at this post

He's an admin, that's why.
    I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else. Try switching your style to "eTech", then start an edit of one of your own posts.

All of our styles here were started using existing templates found elsewhere, and the original author may have left out that input box.

I see no valid reason why they would make that feature available only to administrators. There is no setting in the control panel that mentions this ...

EDIT:
    Here's what I have at the bottom of the page when I edit one of my own posts:
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg
    I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else. Try switching your style to "eTech", then start an edit of one of your own posts.

All of our styles here were started using existing templates found elsewhere, and the original author may have left out that input box.

I see no valid reason why they would make that feature available only to administrators. There is no setting in the control panel that mentions this ...

EDIT:

It is not unique to the style....its not there. I have noticed it before but never really cared. Im not sure what the big deal is. Actually you have a grace period of a few minutes as to where you can modify your post and the board is oblivious to it.

for example, this is an edit and it will not say so.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ

EDIT:

It is not unique to the style....its not there. I have noticed it before but never really cared. Im not sure what the big deal is. Actually you have a grace period of a few minutes as to where you can modify your post and the board is oblivious to it.

No edit option here either, Luke. Default settings.

Quote Originally Posted by KB3NEY
    Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ

EDIT:

No edit option here either, Luke. Default settings.
    Do yo even know how to edit? Check your inbox.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I have researched it, and I don't think regular users can enter a reason for editing their own posts and it will show up, at least not in phpbb.

vBulletin acts differently but we don't run that here.

I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else.
    I used to think so, but our edit buttons behave like admin/mod edit buttons all the time, even on our own posts.

So "reason for editing" is a mod/admin only thing for some reason. I believe there is a hack to make it available for all users though.