Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: Motorcycle Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I'll guarantee you that either of my Concours 14s are a hell of a lot more nimble AND quicker than your Focus.

Further, if you rely solely on a one-dimensional approach to get yourself out of an accident you're going to eventually find yourself in one.

Throttle, brakes, maneuverability - and not necessarily in that order.
    Skill, timing, and a little bit of luck don't hurt, either.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Banned
    Northwest Arkansas (Ozark-St.Francis National Forest)
    I'll guarantee you that either of my Concours 14s are a hell of a lot more nimble AND quicker than your Focus.

Further, if you rely solely on a one-dimensional approach to get yourself out of an accident you're going to eventually find yourself in one.

Throttle, brakes, maneuverability - and not necessarily in that order.
    Brakes are the most important. Along with steering, and throttle, an aspect of maneuverability.
    Your Concours 14s may well be a hell of a lot more nimble and quicker than our Focus.
    As I explained the maneuverability is a tradeoff with safety and comfort (in that order).
    Last edited by W9JEF; 03-26-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Banned
    I've buried many motorcycle-riding friends over the years.

I still ride. And practice. And learn.
    My hubs thinks I'm nuts because I watch motorcycle crash videos. I watch them because I learn a lot from them. You get to see the mistakes other people make without making them yourself, and you get to see and learn the things people do right that save their lives, like this guy...

As soon as I saw him pull over to the shoulder I knew what was coming.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    As soon as I saw him pull over to the shoulder I knew what was coming.
    Yup. I learned not to stop directly behind a vehicle because of this video. Had he not stopped off to the side, he'd have been dead. I remember one day in 2012 when I drove the Prius to work and got rear-ended. I can't even remember why I was driving the Prius that day, because it was sunny and warm, but I am so glad I wasn't riding the Ninja that day!

What was that car stopped for anyway? Watched on a mobile phone so couldn't see a lot of detail

Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    Yup. I learned not to stop directly behind a vehicle because of this video. Had he not stopped off to the side, he'd have been dead. I remember one day in 2012 when I drove the Prius to work and got rear-ended. I can't even remember why I was driving the Prius that day, because it was sunny and warm, but I am so glad I wasn't riding the Ninja that day!
    Yeah, no chit. Sort of why I gave up the Bimmer—too many close calls with morans in cages. Might have felt a little different if I'd been riding a bike that was a little faster and more nimble than a '68 R60, I don't know...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    My hubs thinks I'm nuts because I watch motorcycle crash videos. I watch them because I learn a lot from them. You get to see the mistakes other people make without making them yourself, and you get to see and learn the things people do right that save their lives, like this guy...
    Damn good lesson!
    Thanks!