Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Motorcycle Discussion Thread

This is the place to discuss brand and style preferences in bikes.
    I have nothing on a personal level against the Harley Davidson brand. I like a bike that has the agility of a crotch rocket but prefer the looks of a cruiser.
    Each brand has its pros and cons.
    For my purposes, I like reliability and low maintenance the way Honda has given us. Stylewise I like the cruiser lay out with a low seat height. I'm only 5'6" so that's a must. If a crotch rocket with an understated style was built then that could work. By that same token, a Harley that could be slapped around and abused (not in a bad way) and not have to be treated like a China doll could work too.
    That's just me and I know that a Honda will always be a good decision.
    What about you?
    I want to know why you like your bike.
    If it's not just about style then what else should a potential rider know?
    Be honest and remember not to degrade the poster.
    Thanks Everyone ;)

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    It has a very industrial look about it.

The axe, armor and tires make me think this is a bike for forest fires.

I believe this started out as a special purpose military vehicle for climbing over rocks and very steep inclines. If it is the same model, it is two wheel drive, geared extremely low and tops out at about 20-25 mph.

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    [Andy Rooney vox]

Yah ever wonder why a good portion of the Harley riding community associates themselves with the Native American community? Really...just because your motorcycle may or may not say "Indian" on it doesn't necessarily make you an Indian. What if your motorcycle said "Mexican" on it...would you now have a propensity to pick tomatoes and lettuce?

And about those tassels hanging off your control bars....My 9 year old niece has a set too...pink and blue hanging of her Schwinn. So hard core Native American wanna be Harley Boi's now associate themselves with 9yo girls....isnt that cute? Where is the playing card in the spokes too.

Anyhow. Thats what questions I ask myself every morning as I make my daily commute.

This is Bunny...and I just wanna know.

[/Andy Rooney vox]
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    [Andy Rooney vox]

Yah ever wonder why a good portion of the Harley riding community associates themselves with the Native American community? Really...just because your motorcycle may or may not say "Indian" on it doesn't necessarily make you an Indian. What if your motorcycle said "Mexican" on it...would you now have a propensity to pick tomatoes and lettuce?

And about those tassels hanging off your control bars....My 9 year old niece has a set too...pink and blue hanging of her Schwinn. So hard core Native American wanna be Harley Boi's now associate themselves with 9yo girls....isnt that cute? Where is the playing card in the spokes too.

Anyhow. Thats what questions I ask myself every morning as I make my daily commute.

This is Bunny...and I just wanna know.

[/Andy Rooney vox]
    Go poast that in the ongoing Harley Discussion (elsewhere) and watch the boys get excitable.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Go poast that in the ongoing Harley Discussion (elsewhere) and watch the boys get excitable.
    inches...INCHES....from posting there. Need to think of that over some leftover s'getti
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Bump.

Out with the old; in with the new(er).

Wednesday should find one of these sitting in my garage:

I've been making a list...checking it twice. Tires and new brake pads will commence the start of the "farkling" but it isn't going to end there - not by a long shot. J&M CB2003, Yaesu FTM-10SR and a Zumo 550 will be added. I was going to make my own mount for the antennas but happened across this saddlebag protector unit from MC Enterprises:

The "Law Enforcement" version has an antenna mount built in and can be ordered powdercoated matte black:

I'll do a full writeup of the radio installation project in the site's technical forum area. A Comet duplexer will be used to couple CB and VHF/UHF signals to the antenna. I'm planning on using an Opek HVT-100. May have to do a little fiddling with the mounts to get the top case to fit but that's half the fun...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."