Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Discussion Thread

Re: Motorcycle Discussion Thread

'DSG rode one of these yesterday:

Over 200 RWHP.

Fun, but not worth $30k "fully loaded".
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX

Over 200 RWHP.

But badass none the less!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX

Over 200 RWHP.

But badass none the less!
    She said the ZX14 will smoke it, and those can be had for ~$8800 new here...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Well, I have gone on two rides with a motorcycle club in Denver... great bunch of people, and fun rides. Amusing name "Infidels", the gent who leads most of the rides used to be a member of a club in CA, and missed the group rides. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...yclesocdenver/

We went to the Royal Gorge 8 days ago, yesterday to Cripple Creek. Yea, we got rained on. Oh well! My ugly mug is lower left on the front now. Cripes Man! :homer:

A bunch of you who ride also snap photos I presume? I would like to get a neat camera that will do image stabilization for movies, and take good snapshots when riding. You know, easy to use with gloved hands, Everyone else in the group has some sort of cool camera, and one dude had an intriguing helmet cam. Suggestions if you have any.

I usually ride with the bucket, but it had been beastly hot and humid, so I ditched it for a while on some mellow back roads and the group leader was goofing around with his little Canon...

Caught me grinning like an idiot (same grin when skiing)...

30 Mph? Piffle...

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

The AJS bikes are cool Charles. I like small displacement bikes for the "around town thing". Under 500cc bikes are really cool, and that power to rate ratio proves that physics is fun. I rode that 650cc Suzuki scooter the other day... WOW.

That being said... The ZG1000 Concours rocks. I have put over 2600 miles on it since I got it, and just finished an all day ride up into the Snowy Range in Wyoming and back. The long and twisty ways... over 450 miles with the group today. I need a cool camera. What a beautiful ride!

But for around town... I kinda miss my little Honda CB350. Or the Yammahammer RD400. Seriously.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

It's just fun to ride and there is a lot to be said about the agility of smaller displacement bikes. I'm not sure, but I believe the smallest street bike you can find in the US is a 250cc Honda Rebel unless you go with an automatic and now we're talking scooters.
    Yamaha makes a Vino in 125cc but the brakes were more of an afterthought. If you like the retro Euro style then it's an OK bike. Honda did make the Big Ruckus until 2006. 250cc automatic and it looked like nothing else out there. It was starting to gain popularity when they pulled the plug and started pushing their other scooter line, hard. The Silverwing and the Helix come to mind. Not really my style but to each their own.

Well I see they dropped the Helix for something called the SH150i.
    http://powersports.honda.com/street/scooters.aspx

2006 Big Ruckus: http://www.hondanews.com/categories/553/photos/9251
    Yamaha offerings: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr..._overview.aspx

Now, check out the Koreans: http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland

I ride an 06 ZG1000 Concours...and a Vulcan 800 classic...uhh and a Bergman 650 to skoot around town to pick up stuff when I am doing maintenance on the other bikes!
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!