Thread: Strange Behavior

Strange Behavior

Just ran into something odd on my desktop PC. Wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

So the Boss and I took a long weekend trip. Forgot to shut this PC down before we left. Came home... no mouse, no keyboard. Weird. Grabbed another mouse and kbd... still didn't work.

After troubleshooting... well, the strange thing was that keyboard and mouse worked during the initial boot, BIOS check, and Windows Recovery. As soon as the OS started to load, lights on each go off, and they go dead. (Obviously I'm skipping over the troubleshooting details... and that includes the obvious, like changing USB ports too...)

Ended up recovering the OS from Dell's site (fortunately, retaining all my files *phew* and yes I'm overdue for a backup), and, obviously, everything is working again.

Just not sure WHY it happened. No power blips that I know of over the weekend (Little Miss Field Day was here watching Miss Finnley... and no, she never touched the PC, she has her own laptop). None of the other computers affected. Just this one.

Strange.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Burt sneaking in while you're out?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Nah. LMFD would kick his Assets without breaking a sweat.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati