Just ran into something odd on my desktop PC. Wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

So the Boss and I took a long weekend trip. Forgot to shut this PC down before we left. Came home... no mouse, no keyboard. Weird. Grabbed another mouse and kbd... still didn't work.

After troubleshooting... well, the strange thing was that keyboard and mouse worked during the initial boot, BIOS check, and Windows Recovery. As soon as the OS started to load, lights on each go off, and they go dead. (Obviously I'm skipping over the troubleshooting details... and that includes the obvious, like changing USB ports too...)

Ended up recovering the OS from Dell's site (fortunately, retaining all my files *phew* and yes I'm overdue for a backup), and, obviously, everything is working again.

Just not sure WHY it happened. No power blips that I know of over the weekend (Little Miss Field Day was here watching Miss Finnley... and no, she never touched the PC, she has her own laptop). None of the other computers affected. Just this one.

Strange.