Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFJ Kaput?!?

MFJ Kaput?!?

I've heard that MFJ is stopping production and shutting down on May 17th. Anyone have any further details?
    Last edited by W6UV; 04-25-2024 at 04:02 PM.

Over yonder is beating this to death. I can't imagine how it will turn out any better here without an interview with Martin. Something beyond the usual suspects and the blather would be nice.

It won't end well I'm certain. Losing MFJ, that is.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

https://mailchi.mp/62e24f2ccc99/a-he...sqSDhquMeH9eLM

Damn it, just like Radio Shack was to the ham community.

There ya go

Like that post was...

Interesting. Was there no value in some of the pieces (Ameritron, Hygain, Cushcraft, etc.) that Jue couldn't find a buyer for some of them?

With all due respect, has anyone, anywhere, confirmed the authenticity of this letter?

If it is (and I suspect it is, sad to say)... there have been rumors of MFJ being up for sale for a few years now. I’m Sure some bits and pieces will be acquired. Someone will be interested in at least some of the intellectual properties, even if they’re not currently interested in the manufacturing aspects.

Martin had a good run. Better to go out with dignity on his own terms.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

...it looks like that letter is also posted on the MFJ Facebook page...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Yup, a sad day for hams in general. I have to wonder if anyone will pick up the pieces to the point Martin had it at.

Like that post was...

That's really a shame. They made stuff that was easy to work on. I know a lot of people complained about the quality but, you could usually find the issue, visually. The more complex pieces like auto tuners were usually spot on with no issues.

We just had this discussion last Saturday at the festicle and every piece of MFJ equipment that was presented for sale sold immediately. None of us had any idea that MFJ would be kaput the very next week. I asked myself if I needed another Differential-T 3K tuner. I mean I really did ask myself. There was a Kenwood TS-570D in pristine shape and complete with original box and all accessories and paperwork for $500 that remained untouched the whole time. I would have seriously considered it were it not for my recent Gigaparts purchase.

I have wonder how this will affect prices on the used market due to the influence of the predators and vultures. I'm looking at Ebay right now but have yet to spot anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    That's really a shame. They made stuff that was easy to work on. I know a lot of people complained about the quality but, you could usually find the issue, visually. The more complex pieces like auto tuners were usually spot on with no issues.

We just had this discussion last Saturday at the festicle and every piece of MFJ equipment that was presented for sale sold immediately. None of us had any idea that MFJ would be kaput the very next week. I asked myself if I needed another Differential-T 3K tuner. I mean I really did ask myself. There was a Kenwood TS-570D in pristine shape and complete with original box and all accessories and paperwork for $500 that remained untouched the whole time. I would have seriously considered it were it not for my recent Gigaparts purchase.

I have wonder how this will affect prices on the used market due to the influence of the predators and vultures. I'm looking at Ebay right now but have yet to spot anything.
    The prices will go up and all MFJ items will be listed as extra rare and collectors item.....

I dont expect a price jump until after everything shuts down and their current inventory sells out.
    Last edited by kb2crk; 04-26-2024 at 11:03 AM.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I just noticed a lack of big regulated power supplies by MFJ after scrolling through pages of stuff.

If you've been to an HRO lately, and I have, I wonder what they will stock their walls with. You know, the wall to wall pegboards with all the MFJ stuff on them.

I suspect the future of ham radio accessories is Chinese.