Thread: K9EID Bob Heil SK

K9EID Bob Heil SK

Multiple sources:
    --------------
    The following text below was posted on the Heil Communications Facebook Page.

"Today we say goodbye to our beloved founder, Dr. Bob Heil. Bob fought a valiant, year-long battle with cancer, and passed peacefully surrounded by his family. Bob’s impact on professional and live sound cannot be overstated. Driven by a lifelong passion for sound, Bob’s pioneering work revolutionized how concertgoers experienced live sound. Bob created and developed numerous pro sound innovations and products over the years, some of which are preserved in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum. In 2007, Bob was the recipient of the Audio Innovator Parnelli Award, recognizing his outstanding influence on the live sound industry. Countless artists, creators, broadcasters, podcasters, sound engineers, and sound professionals worldwide continue to be impacted by Bob’s work. While Bob’s presence will dearly be missed, we are immensely proud and happy to honor and carry on his legacy.”
    --------------

Bob Heil, the American sound and radio engineer, passed away on February 28, 2024, at the age of 831. His contributions to the world of sound engineering and music are significant.
    Here are some highlights from his remarkable career:

1. Innovator in Sound Systems:

1. Heil Talk Box:

1. Amateur Radio and Innovations:

1. Early Life and Musical Background:

1. Legacy and Recognition:

Bob Heil’s impact on the music industry and his innovative spirit will continue to resonate for years to come. 🎵🎙

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I met Bob Heil once at a local hamfest. He was quite a character and a lot of fun to talk to. RIP, Bob!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

RIP Bob. Thanks for everything. 73

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

RIP Mr. H.

I believe our resident Welshman, 6Z was in close communication with hm over the last 20 years.

Beware the man whose voice is so low he doesn't need a Talk Box to sound like the singer on "One Of These Days". He's either a total badass or you're gonna catch his smoker's hack too.

RIP. Saw Bob one year at Dayton - briefly. It was my understanding that WB6ACU subsequently dragged him off in search of some misadventure.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Sad to hear. Back when I played I used talk box of sorts of my own making. May he rest in eternal peace!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"