Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Pulled the Trigger…

Ella and I got coax, a counterpoise wire and some control cable for the AH-4 run today. Coax ended up being about a foot short, of course, but that's easy enough to fix. I’ve exceeded my Doctor-ordered Maximum Allowable Time On Foot (DMATOF) so now I've got it propped up and am having a beer. The the antenna itself will have to wait a couple of more days.

Funny thing: While we were routing the counterpoise, Ella discovered an unopened package of black fishnet stockings (with sequins) down in a hard-to-get to compartment where the bow thruster motor lives. And because I’d never expect you to believe such a thing without proof:

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Is that a Coors Banquet beer I see in the coolie?

I've always liked Coors Banquet beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Is that a Coors Banquet beer I see in the coolie?
    Yes, it is. Ella’s favorite — she’s a beer drinking woman.

Last edited by NQ6U; 06-12-2023 at 10:45 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Mine likes Miller Lite.

In terms of beer, I veer towards the way heavier stuff. Drinking around a campfire, though, I love Leinenkugel Orange Shandy (if it can be found).
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Mine likes Miller Lite.

In terms of beer, I veer towards the way heavier stuff. Drinking around a campfire, though, I love Leinenkugel Orange Shandy (if it can be found).
    Yeah, I prefer something with a little more body myself, my current favorite being Lagunitas IPA. But I’m no beer snob — I'll drink a Budweiser if that’s what’s around.

I’m getting there, guys!

Ella and I put up a 41' end fed longwire antenna up yesterday. Still need to wire up the AH-4 and add a few refinements but I can see the non-ionizing radiation at the end of the tunnel now.

The main (aft) support is a 20' telescoping aluminum flagpole that I got at Harbor Freight for $50. I added stainless steel hose clamps at the base of each section since the reliability of the twist locks on these things is known to be, uh, less than ideal. The forward support is the hollow fiberglass handle of a fishing gaff with the nasty sharp steel hook cut off.

Last edited by NQ6U; 06-14-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Fixed a split infinitive

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Mine likes Miller Lite.

I miss beer. And wine, and anything with alcohol.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Just made my first QSO with the new station: PY5BH in Brazil on 15m FT8. AH-4 tuned my end-fed wire antenna in about two seconds flat, SWR 1.5:1. I can live with that.

Put a mic or a key on it and tell me where to listen...

OK, not practical for me to keep pinging the thread, so I'll put this out there instead. I listen on 21.051 to do my rbn torture. I can try a call but I'm only good to 13wpm.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 06-18-2023 at 07:34 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

"only good to 13wpm."

There are others who are envious of your only, sir.