Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House renovation...no fun

FD-4 up again in the cold weather today, and working fine.
    Last antenna to do is the vertical for 160 - 18 that will be in spring, waiting for workable temps then ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

dude. kwitcherbitchin' you're in a rental that's being made current :)
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Old double glazing replaced with current tripple glazing, tomorrow rest of the windows, mind you it is 4 to 5 C outside and inside then ;)
    last big job, then it is done.
    No rent rise either, so it all will save on energy.
    Curious what the 6 solar panels will bring with sunny weather not been sunny here for a week....
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

After some FT-8/FT-4 sessions IMax 2000 works all continents so good on 10/12/15.
    Fritzel FD-4 ( 1500 watt version 1;6 Balun with 1:1 after that all below 1 to 1.5 on 80/40/20/18/12/10/6 meter.
    Yes it does 6 meters as well...... ;)
    Up at 40 feet balun long end sloping down to 30 feet and short end to 20 feet.
    Good for all continents as well, though a small dip to south america is seen.
    2/70 vertical with teflon coax c 200 watts on 2 lots of digital in the EU ft-8 MSK 144.
    70 just running repeater stuff there no conditions mostly in winter.
    Horizontal 2/70 loop good swr and works well for SSB.
    Just have to wait for spring and restore inverted L for 160 to 18 meter 60 feet vertical and 60 feet sloping down to lampost in front garden.
    Fed by MFJ 998 legal limit tuner for the Heathkit SB-1000.
    Now mostly running 100 watts digital just SSB the amplifier might come on in bad conditions.