Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House renovation...no fun

House renovation...no fun

Renting an house from an social renting firm, the house is now renovated while living in it...
    New shower room, new central heating, new toilet room new kitchen, removal of chimney's i used to keep antenna's up tripple AA++ rated glazing and new insulated roof, wall insulation improved.
    So now sitting between stuff i had to place somewhere else, took antenna's down last week, outside temporarely toilet and shower.
    Will be 3 wweeks to go before work is done, i keep shifting stuff from one room to another to clear space to work in the room, neew ceilings above in bedrooms ( 4) and shower ( old asbestos removed) new mechanical ventilation system installed.
    Central heating running now, so that is good, all in all it was needed but at 70 i'm not as quick anymore as when i was lots younger...

At least they will make 2 new pipes through the roof to put my anntenna's back up, 2/70 and hangiing point for the Fritzel FD-4 OCF and Imax 2000.
    THe vertical for 160 - 18 will be back as well, ground mounted as inverted L they also make the guy wire fix points on the roofs as well for the FD-4.

Vertical will be 60 feet high and the L part from top 66 feet, run by MFJ 998 legal limit autotuner from 160 to 18 meter.

New FD-4 ready old one was 20 years old needed replacement.
    Imax 2000 for 10/12/15.
    FD-4 6 meter and down to 80 meter
    Diamond X510 with homebrew teflon coax c's 200 watt 2/70
    Horizontal loop for 2/70.
    Depending on the weather i might be a few months from the air only using lowered vertical, maybe weather permitting i can put 2/70 baack up on the roof, but winter is around the corner, not risking my life on the slanted roof.
    Next spring tie for the inverted L to be build up.
    Hobby can be fun......renovating the house less so, but then all will be new again in the house and very energy efficient as well.
    Just hoped they did it 10 years earlier ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Hopefully all the improvements will be worth the inconvenience.
    The best part is when it's all finished and you can just sit back and relax.

Well, insulation will improve the bills ;)
    New bathroom toilet and kitchen, they were from 1966 when the houses were build so about time they got an upgrade.
    Had my own gas heating here now the latest central heating here so lots of drilling big holes same as for the rest, mechanical ventilation, wall cavity re insulated new insulated roof, tripple glazing will help keep costs down.

no raise in rent for that just 12 euro for the 6 solar panels that will be put up.
    485 watts max each per panel.
    Work should be done in the house in 3 weeks from now, so just have to be patient and suffer a bit more...
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It's little wonder that some people like to move out when work is being done but it's not something available to everyone.

Bit unconvenient but managable.
    Most breaking work done, time to build up again, tiling bathroom, kitchen, toilet on the way, new kitchen and other stuff installed.
    rooftiles going up on the roof today and tomorrow on the new insulated roof.
    just 2 weeks to survive ;)

Only just in time looking at the weather charts, at least you'll have improved heating and the roof is on, rain is quite heavy at the moment.

Cold nights -2.7 C but that is gone back to 10 C later in the week, roof closed, tiles and all.
    Some small jobs, some painting new ceiling in bathroom to be made, cleaning up to do, new kitchen installed bathroom almost done bar ceiling, toilet done just painting.
    New central heating working fine, think this week all can be done what is needed so 3 weeks done.

Then new antenna's can be set up, brackets in the attick pipes through roof ( 2) and make watertight redo all antenna's including 160 meter vertical which will be done in spring.

Don't know when the mounts go up and antenna's depending temperature and weather.
    I get by using some streams here....
    Last edited by PA5COR; 11-20-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Just reporting...
    96% done few points to clear up.
    Just today put antenna's back on the house Imax 2000 for 10- 15, the FritzelFD'4 OCF 80 -10 1500 watt version, Diamond X510 2/70 with teflon coax C's for 500 watt version ( 200 watts run on 2 meter) and 2/70 horizontal loop antenna for horizontal work.
    SWR and so looks fine here stations back to strength they had before, just cannot put the FD-4 on endpoints scaffolding in the way, so have to wait a few weeks till scaffolding is gone to hang the endpoints up again.
    Then the new triple ++ glazing can also be installed.
    Good clean of the house and i'm done enjoying very well insulated house and new central heating.

Yes i'm knackered climbing the slanted roof and do the work,... rest of the weekend is do nothing anymore. give the old bones a bit rest...
    Last edited by PA5COR; 11-26-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Just reporting...
    96% done few points to clear up.
    Just today put antenna's back on the house Imax 2000 for 10- 15, the FritzelFD'4 OCF 80 -10 1500 watt version, Diamond X510 2/70 with teflon coax C's for 500 watt version ( 200 watts run on 2 meter) and 2/70 horizontal loop antenna for horizontal work.
    SWR and so looks fine here stations back to strength they had before, just cannot put the FD-4 on endpoints scaffolding in the way, so have to wait a few weeks till scaffolding is gone to hang the endpoints up again.
    Then the new triple ++ glazing can also be installed.
    Good clean of the house and i'm done enjoying very well insulated house and new central heating.

Yes i'm knackered climbing the slanted roof and do the work,... rest of the weekend is do nothing anymore. give the old bones a bit rest...
    Just in time for this weekend’s CQWW CW!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Nope, FD-4 not up yet partially short end on my ground weekend the long side will be mounted to the row of houses over the street, stainless bolts with eye ordered.
    Need 5, 2 for guy points of the 160 vertical 2 for the definitive mounting ends of fD-4 one spare big ones as well, guy wire in house for the vertical, Dyneema wire 1440 Kg pulling force, i don't take chances.
    Vertical will be back as inverted L.