Every hear of the True Blue DXers Club? https://www.tbdxc.net/

I was told about it a few months back. Looked it over, seemed to a group interested in operating DX (obvious from the name? well, that's not always the case) the right way, no shortcuts etc. Didn't see anything objectionable, so I applied and got in.

Haven't had time the last few months for much operating, so I haven't paid much attention to the group. Until this morning's email. "TBDXC Members and FT 8"

The gist of the email is this: Operating FT4/FT8 is against the ethos of the club. So anyone operating those modes... in any way... at all.. should not have qualified as a club member and should resign.

I don't operate any digital modes at the moment. I dabbled with PSK31 years ago, but nothing ever came of it. I don't have FT8 setup, I don't have time for it, and at the moment, no interest in it. I have nothing against the mode... I just have other interests.

Regardless, there was something about this email that just set my teeth on edge. Drawing this line in the sand? Either you're with us, or you operate FT8? Ridiculous. Absurd. Just not sitting well. But if that's what the leadership of this group wants? Fine.

I have little enough time for operating. I don't have time to deal with nonsense.

So as per the email (which I will post separately in a moment), I've told them to remove my membership.

Thoughts?