Thread: Hello again

Hello again

Hello friends. Been a while. How have you been?

Yep it’s me. Yes, really. Life has been up and down but mostly good. Enjoying radio. Enjoying life and all that has to go with it. Hope all is well.

Time and tides wait for no one. Quite evident here - we've lost a few members due to that thing called "mortality".

Since we last spoke I lost 'DSG but gained a new lady, more gear, better digs - still managed to keep Nicki and her partner as close friends. Are you still running your IC-7000 mobile? I bought one, along with a Kenwood DNX-9980 and a bunch of other peripherals for the car. One of these days I might get around to installing everything.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Welcome back, i just got older....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Time and tides wait for no one. Quite evident here - we've lost a few members due to that thing called "mortality".

Since we last spoke I lost 'DSG but gained a new lady, more gear, better digs - still managed to keep Nicki and her partner as close friends. Are you still running your IC-7000 mobile? I bought one, along with a Kenwood DNX-9980 and a bunch of other peripherals for the car. One of these days I might get around to installing everything.
    No. I drive a Tesla and the noise is just too high. I do remote now to the home station. I run a flex and also an icom 705 portable.

Welcome back to the Island. Been a while

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome back.

Nothing big here since your last visit.

New job. Little Miss Field Day graduated college, is currently working in her field, and slowly rising through the independent ranks of professional wrestling. My grandson is officially a teenager. The Boss is walking again. Same old same old.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hi Ria, I'm trying to recall the highlights here but really the double bypass in '17 is probably the biggest "oh qwap" going on with me. Glad to have you back to the island.

Like I said before, that is pretty brave being interviewed by the likes of the gym teacher over yonder. Good on you and your division is lucky to have you. Also, kinda funny how the usual suspects have taken the thread over yonder concerning said interview and turned it into an argument about computers. SMH, gl in the test and 73!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

One other thing in the radio front: I've gotten into JRC equipment. Going to try to keep posting repair/mod tech threads regarding the gear, but moving the shack from House A to House B gets in the way of my test bench time.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Hi Ria, I'm trying to recall the highlights here but really the double bypass in '17 is probably the biggest "oh qwap" going on with me. Glad to have you back to the island.

Like I said before, that is pretty brave being interviewed by the likes of the gym teacher over yonder. Good on you and your division is lucky to have you. Also, kinda funny how the usual suspects have taken the thread over yonder concerning said interview and turned it into an argument about computers. SMH, gl in the test and 73!
    He's actually not a bad sport. I interviewed him in turn. I was asked to take down the video (you can guess by whom) but I actually didn't and just kept the video demonetized (so youtube can keep the $5 or so I would have made from the video). He does have some good points even if he is anti-contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2FenGsteRE