Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dammit Janet

That explains SeaPac...

RIP Janet

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

R.I.P. Janet, she will be missed....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I'm very saddened to hear of Janet's passing. I will miss her biting criticism and blunt opinions. She always seemed to offer a new angle from which to view events, and was particularly well versed in the political arena. If you planned to challenge her, you had better do your homework!

I have marked her user title appropriately to reflect her date of passing. May she rest in peace.

RIP, Janet. We’ll all miss your trampling of the little people.

I wish that we could have had the eyeball QSO. RIP, Janet.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

The loss of Janet was a huge shock. Normally the ARRL honors silent keys at the start of every board meeting. When I was reviewing the minutes I saw Janet’s call in there, and I thought, this couldn’t be right. I asked one of her club members and he confirmed what I had feared. I have no details other than what I supplied to Ron. So yeah, life is short. Make the most of it. Especially if you still have family, friends and loved ones. You never know when your ticket will get punched.

Never met her in person. We did have a video chat once. It’s my loss. I meet lots of hams but rarely venture west to ham stuff. I do go there for work stuff (going to Anaheim next week for a renewable energy expo). Furthest west I’ve been for ham stuff is Texas. That said was glad to have her in my circle.
    Last edited by N2RJ; 09-16-2022 at 12:11 PM.