Thread: Fair Radio Sales: Another One Bites The Dust

Fair Radio Sales: Another One Bites The Dust

My thanks to Pete NL7XM for the heads-up on this one...

From the Fair Radio Sales website home page:

After being in the surplus electronic military business over 50 years, I have decided it’s time to retire and close the business. Fair Radio Sales has over 30,000 sq ft of electronic parts and equipment that must go.

Over the next several months plan your visit to Fair Radio to stock up on electronic parts, equipment, manuals, vacuum tubes and one of a kind items at lower than hamfest prices. Buy an item, a pallet, or a truckload.

Come and make a deal. Cash and carry

(Never mind that 1947 was more than 50 years ago, Phil may be referring to when he took over the business)

Looks like if you've ever thought about getting something from them, it's about to be now or never
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Are they on Ebay?
    Yes
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Dick Fergus did a sferics/lightning detector receiver project back in the 90s and had the project info on The Ramp. It's long since went away but I'd saved all of the materials, and another ham in EU put up a site dedicated to Dick's efforts.

Some of the parts were sourced from Fair Radio. I grabbed them earlier in the year before the closure was announced. Hopefully others will do same, and a venture like Surplus Sales will end up with F-R's inventory.

Sad to see this come about.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."