Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prepare For The Coming Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    We may need to revisit the Apocalypse. By the skin of their teeth, the Padres have made it to the postseason as the #5 seed wildcard team.
    You guys be good to Joe Musgrove. He's good people.

He deserved a lot better than he was going to get here... so please make sure he does.

And the same goes for Josh Bell.
    Last edited by W3WN; 10-06-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    You guys be good to Joe Musgrove. He's good people.

He deserved a lot better than he was going to get here... so please make sure he does.

And the same goes for Josh Bell.
    Both players are well thought of here.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It just occurred to me that it’s at least possible that the 2022 World Series could end up being the San Diego Padres vs. the Seattle Mariners. Of course, it's highly improbable, something we should be thankful for because if it happened, the earth would undoubtedly implode.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

The Padres beat the Mets 6-0 in a one-hitter by Joe Musgrove to take the Wildcard Series. We draw closer to the apocalypse.

The Padres beat the Mets 6-0 in a one-hitter by Joe Musgrove to take the Wildcard Series. We draw closer to the apocalypse.
    Yeah, and the umps examined Musgrove's ear canal for a foreign substance. Ol' Buck thought Joe's ears looked a little "shiny". I think that pissed Musgrove off just a little... did you see him stare down the Met's dugout as he was leaving the field?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Yeah, and the umps examined Musgrove's ear canal for a foreign substance. Ol' Buck thought Joe's ears looked a little "shiny". I think that pissed Musgrove off just a little... did you see him stare down the Met's dugout as he was leaving the field?
    I listened to it on the radio because I don’t have cable but I saw it later. That was pretty funny — and my opinion, totally appropriate.

i TOLD you Joe was good people!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    i TOLD you Joe was good people!
    And you was right. He was awesome that night, a real Hall of Fame performance.

Padres lost the first game of the division series to their Hated Rival™, the Dodgers. Given that LA has pretty much had their number all season (they beat them 23 games out of 28 played), this is not surprising.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-12-2022 at 11:17 AM.

We draw one step closer to the Apocalypse. The Padres defeated the Dodgers three games out of four in the NLDS.

We draw one step closer to the Apocalypse. The Padres defeated the Dodgers three games out of four in the NLDS.
    And, it's being hailed as one of the biggest post-season upsets in the history of MLB.